Join now - be part of our community!

Email

Not applicable

Email

Probably a very simple solution to this but can't work it out.  I want to stop receiving email through my messages.  I have deleted all of my email accounts but I am still receiving the email notifications through my messages!  Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
suze
Leader

First of all do you have an X10 large or mini?  And are you using a Gmail email account or another email provider by POP3 or IMAP.

If we have a little more info we may be able to point you in the right direction.

When you say you are receiving them through your messages, do you mean you are getting a text message notification or maybe its appearing in timescape or perhaps in the notification bar at the top of the phone.

Not applicable

Hi, it is X10 large and it's email through a pop3 provider.  Notifications are at the top of the status bar and by text message.  I have to download the message in order to read it.  Thanks.

Dr_Chris
Champion

If it's Gmail, you can disable IMAP4/POP3/Forwarding in the settings of your email account in the root server, i.e.,by signing into Gmail.com using your PC.I would imagine you can do the same with other email providers.Also make sure that any Push mail and Push message settings in your phone are turned off.

Not applicable

It's my BT internet email account.  I have deleted the account information but I still receive notifications on my phone.  There is nothing set up on my root account.

suze
Leader

Ok so just having a think... very dangerous I know!  Have you deleted your email account via Menu>Settings>Manage Applications then find Email, go in to that and clear data and clear the cache. 

That should clear it completely off the phone.  If it doesn't I'm frankly stumped!

Not applicable

Will try that next, thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Are you using Timescape?

Have you switch the phone off after deleting all your email settings?

Not applicable

No, don't use timescape.  I've deleted both of my BT email accounts now yet I still receive text messages to tell me I have new email!!

Not applicable

hmm... try switching your wifi off. If it still does not work, switch your phone off, then turn it back on after 30 seconds.

If that still does not work, Try a factory reset after you have saved all your data.