Join now - be part of our community!

android market

Not applicable

android market

Since an earlier up date I find some of the apps paid for on andriod andriod market no longer appear on the market. Do'es anyone else have this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
suze
Leader

Don't know if the attached link helps you at all but might be a starting point...

http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=113410

Not applicable

hi

does third party application will work on sony xperia x10 , can we install sipdroid and csipsimple for internet calls , what is the current version of android for sony xperia?

sushidushi
Contributor

It is certainly possible to install 3rd party apps.  You have to enable your phone to do so (menu - settings - applications and then tick the box that says 'Unknown sources'.  I don't know anythnig about the specific apps you mentioned, but I would advise caution with 3rd party apps, in case they're malicious in any way.  In fact, I'd be cautious before installing apps from the Android Store, too.  Some of them certainly look a bit odd to me.

The current version of Android we are on is 1.6, but there is an update expected within the next week or two to Android 2.1.

sushidushi
Contributor

I have just posted a question on the Android Market forum to ask about apps that are no longer available.  I'll let you know if I hear anything sensible...

Not applicable

Thanks for your help.

sushidushi
Contributor

Just noticed a reply to my question.  I suggests that, if you download Astro File Manager from the Android Market, that has a tool to enable you to back up apps to the SD card.  If you do that, you can reinstall them from the SD card, even if they disappear from the Market.

I do hope that this works for you.  I am only passing on information gleaned from elsewhere.  I haven't tried it...