Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman A17 - MediaGo playlist problems, please help!

Progatron
New

Walkman A17 - MediaGo playlist problems, please help!

Hi, I'm using a 64gb NWZ-A17 walkman with 128gb SD card and MediaGo 3.0.

Is there really no way of creating and editing a playlist directly on the walkman using the music files that are already there? I'm finding I have to create it in my library first and drag it onto the walkman before the playlist will show up on the walkman itself. I have to actually delete the music from the walkman first before making a change to the playlist, and that's certainly not very convenient. With iTunes/iPod, you can drag and drop on the device itself. Is that not an option with Sony? 

Thanks for any help,

~ L. Murphy

2 REPLIES 2
Progatron
New

To be clearer, when I create a playlist in my MediaGo library and attempt to drag it to the Walkman, it says "Items are already present on device". But there is no apparent ability to create a playlist directly ON the device like there is with iTunes.

dvizconde
New

I have the NWZ A15 and this is the closest thing you can do. In your computer, make a folder and drag your music files in it. Name your folder like you name your playlist, example R&B. Connect your Player to your computer, drag your R&B folder into your Music folder and then disconnect your Player. In your Player, press the Music icon, press Folder, and then press System Storage or SD Card (wherever you placed your R&B folder). Press R&B folder and you will see your music files, press play and it will play continuously.