Join now - be part of our community!

WLAN 108 MBit with VAIO VGN-FZ21S

ElektroLarcher
Visitor

WLAN 108 MBit with VAIO VGN-FZ21S

i have one VAIO VGN-FZ21S with the Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN here.
it is connected to an Netgear Rangemax AP - WPN 802

if i got the specs of both right, then my Sony VAIO should be able to connect with 108MBit/sec. but it only uses 54MBit......

anyone an idea how/if the VAIO VGN-FZ21S could use 108MBit/sec?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
marfahy
New

I'm not 100% sure but before I boxed my FZ21Z up to go back for a replacement I remember seeing that the wireless card had a utility that showed up on the lower right task bar. It was a green square. If you click on it, it brought up a utility where you could alter the blue tooth and wireless settings. In there I had an option to switch between the wireless speeds I think. It was really late and didn't pay too much heed. Maybe if you look there or in a wireless setting in the control panel you might find it.

Hope you find it!

ElektroLarcher
Visitor

I'm not 100% sure but before I boxed my FZ21Z up to go back for a replacement I remember seeing that the wireless card had a utility that showed up on the lower right task bar. It was a green square. If you click on it, it brought up a utility where you could alter the blue tooth and wireless settings. In there I had an option to switch between the wireless speeds I think. It was really late and didn't pay too much heed. Maybe if you look there or in a wireless setting in the control panel you might find it.

Hope you find it!

thanks for your reply! :slight_smile:

yup, i found this tool.

there you can enable/dissable 2.4GHz and 5GHz WLAN + bluetooth.
sadly none of these options helped my vaio to connect with 108MBit to the AP, it still uses 54MBit 😕

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

For your FZ21S to us 108MBit you will need either a Rangemax wireless PC Card like this or a Rangemax wireless USB 2.0 Adapter like this

ElektroLarcher
Visitor

For your FZ21S to us 108MBit you will need either a Rangemax wireless PC Card like this or a Rangemax wireless USB 2.0 Adapter like this