Join now - be part of our community!

Resizing partitions

Pat_D
Visitor

Resizing partitions

Hello all,

I have a FE-31M notebook, and I want to resize the partitions. More precise, I would like to increase partition D to maximum, so that on C I will only have Windows MCE SP 2.
Now, C: has 74.5 GB and 😧 has 66.6 GB.

Can you advise which program(s) are best to do this?

I have partition magic v8.01 installed, but I'm getting the 183 error. I read about the error, it has to do with changing the dynamic drive to a basic drive (apparently C: is a dynamic drive, the one that the OS is installed on, but under Type in Disk manager it says "standaard", so I do not know where the error comes from). So that doesn't work.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor

Hello all,

I have a FE-31M notebook, and I want to resize the partitions. More precise, I would like to increase partition D to maximum, so that on C I will only have Windows MCE SP 2.
Now, C: has 74.5 GB and 😧 has 66.6 GB.

Can you advise which program(s) are best to do this?

I have partition magic v8.01 installed, but I'm getting the 183 error. I read about the error, it has to do with changing the dynamic drive to a basic drive (apparently C: is a dynamic drive, the one that the OS is installed on, but under Type in Disk manager it says "standaard", so I do not know where the error comes from). So that doesn't work.

Thanks,

If you do a full system restore using the hidden partition or recovery CD's, it gives you the option to re-size the partitions. But you will loose all data.

Otherwise I would have recommended partition magic. Maybe the hidden partition is screwing it up.

Pat_D
Visitor

Hi,

Are there any other options left then?

Thanks,