Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless settings, VPN, model SVD1322Z9EB

SOLVED
1eyedjack
Explorer

Wireless settings, VPN, model SVD1322Z9EB

Hi.  I have SVD1322Z9EB, Windows 8.1

On of the ancillary products available from Avast (core business being malware protection) is a VPN service called "SecureLine". I can't get it to work on this machine.  I have posted a ticket to Avast, who are probably the right people to ask, but as it seems to be a problem specific to this machine I thought to ask here as well, in case anyone has any ideas.

Symptoms are that I appear to connect to SecureLine OK, or so it reports, but I cannot then connect to the Internet through it.  All web pages come up with unable to connect.  There is a Fix Connection button but this does not resolve the issue.

I also have an earlier model Vaio (32 bit Vista version), which works fine.  Hence my conclusion that the problem is likely to be localised to the configuration of this machine.  Hence my posting to you guys.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
1eyedjack
Explorer

Update (again).

ExpressVPN defaults to UDP.  Changing it in Options to TCP solved the issue.

I have not been able to find a facility to edit the config settings of Avast Secureline.  Perhaps the issue is similar.

Anyway, just thought I would let all y'all know, in case you get similar queries..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
1eyedjack
Explorer

Update - same problem exists using ExpressVPN instead of Avast SecureLine.  Tends to reinforce my conclusion that it is something to do with PC settings.

1eyedjack
Explorer

Update (again).

ExpressVPN defaults to UDP.  Changing it in Options to TCP solved the issue.

I have not been able to find a facility to edit the config settings of Avast Secureline.  Perhaps the issue is similar.

Anyway, just thought I would let all y'all know, in case you get similar queries..