Join now - be part of our community!

windvd bd (AR31S) blu ray disc wont run

jimmylad
Visitor

windvd bd (AR31S) blu ray disc wont run

had a ar31s for a couple of weeks & the intervideo bd windvd wont play my blu ray discs. When I put a disc in you can here it spinning & the windvd program opens but then the disc stops spinning & nothing happens. no error codes to help me either. It used to play them fine.

when I try to run the latest vaio update for windvd it gets so far & then says it cant update my version of windvd yet it is the one on the vaio website.

bit peed off as I have 3 films to watch...............

Jim

23 REPLIES 23
rogersm
Visitor

hi all,

I have a AR31S and had exactly the same problems, plus logged a call with Sony Support and no real help either. I then done a full recovery and the drive worked again.

Slowly I re-installed each extra application and found that my T-Mobile HSPDA Modem conflicts with the blu-ray drivers. If I remove the modem and stop the service, then re-start the blu-ray drive service it works!!

Matthew

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try the demo of PowerDVD and see if that helps.

gurwann
Visitor

Hello everybody,

i'm a newbie on this forum, and i've got exactly the same problem ...

I try to uninstall the modem, but there's no effect ...

Is anyone find the solution of this problem ?

Thanks everybody for your help ...

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the forum,
BD has a lot of teething problems and all of the problems posted in this thread have occured to me also. It IS copyright protection and it is the sensitivity to pausing due to the fine beam used to pick up 48 gigs of data crammed in. The only way to keep it going is the following procedure:
If you have a HD Tv or Projector make sure you
A. plug in the HD cable
B. right click the desktop and click NVIDIA Panel and disable NVIDIA control panels default detection of a 'Duel' screen setting and set 'Single screen'.
C. Then Go into Vista's or XP's 'Display Settings' by right clicking on the desktop (Personalise).
D. Generally as a rule for smoother troublefree play set the monitor '2' in Settings to the resolution of the monitor like 720p or 1080p, you can, but don't upscale to use 1080i on a 720p monitor.
E. Click the 'This is the main monitor' for the '2' monitor after 'attached' is active.
F: Start the WinDVD BD either in Media center or on its own and go full screen pushing 'Z'
G: If you play a Blu Ray movie NEVER pause it let it play on and return to the place you were if you are disturbed when watching. If you stick to this system you won't disturb the delicate balance BD insists on to work, because if it stuffs up you WILL have to reformat and I hear Cyberlink BD player doesn't play smoothy.
H: After the movie, bring up the display settings and return the monitors back to default '1' (This is my main monitor) as the copyright protection is more enforced with blu ray so as not to be used in a public display capacity one monitor at a time. Clarity I assume. Anyway I have not had a problem since I reformated to get rid of the out of the box factory settings which are never very good. Never try and set up the BD after starting the movie...it will not work again unless you reformat. Set up to play then play.