Join now - be part of our community!

windvd bd (AR31S) blu ray disc wont run

jimmylad
Visitor

windvd bd (AR31S) blu ray disc wont run

had a ar31s for a couple of weeks & the intervideo bd windvd wont play my blu ray discs. When I put a disc in you can here it spinning & the windvd program opens but then the disc stops spinning & nothing happens. no error codes to help me either. It used to play them fine.

when I try to run the latest vaio update for windvd it gets so far & then says it cant update my version of windvd yet it is the one on the vaio website.

bit peed off as I have 3 films to watch...............

Jim

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jim and welcome to Club Vaio.

Which version of WinDVD BD for VAIO do you have installed?

What version are you trying to install - is it Version 8.0.8.123 from Sony Support R31S Downloads

:thinking:

jimmylad
Visitor

Hi Jim and welcome to Club Vaio.

Which version of WinDVD BD for VAIO do you have installed?

What version are you trying to install - is it Version 8.0.8.123 from Sony Support R31S Downloads

quick reply thanks.

yes it is that one.

when thrying to run it in the installsheild wizard it says " this update patch can't apply to your version of update module.Set up will now abort"

Jim

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What version is installed at present?

jimmylad
Visitor

aparrently I have the lates t version.................

I'm confused

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Wierd!!

That explains why it won't let you install it!

Have you tried opening WinDVD BD first, then putting the disc in and click on Play?

Check your Autoplay Settings in Control Panel -> Autoplay. Is Enhanced DVD Movie set to use WinDVD BD for Vaio?

jimmylad
Visitor

also explorer can see the disc & all the files on the disc. disc spins up & then just stops

jimmylad
Visitor

Wierd!!

That explains why it won't let you install it!

Have you tried opening WinDVD BD first, then putting the disc in and click on Play?

Check your Autoplay Settings in Control Panel -> Autoplay. Is Enhanced DVD Movie set to use WinDVD BD for Vaio?

just tried.......... same result.

thinking back when i installed some updates there was a problem with an update. it could have been the windvd update.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately you can't reinstall WinDVD BD from as an individual program from your Recovery Partition - you have to do a Full Recovery of your C:\ drive to reinstall it.

Is this a viable option? It may be the answer if you have not installed lots of programs. Return your Vaio to its factory settings by using the Vaio Recovery Utility and re-apply the updates and reload your extra software.

It's beginning to look like the only way forward but you may like to speak to Sony Support on Monday to see if they have any ideas.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Shame VLC player doesn't have BD support yet