Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-A295Hp Cpu Temperature

tipsy
Visitor

VGN-A295Hp Cpu Temperature

Hi there

My Laptop has been overheating for some days now. Mobile Meter says Cpu temperature is about 86º C.

But first things first: my Cpu fan was doing a lot of noise - so, as i read a thread about it, i blew the fans with my "mouth" - amazingly, the noise totally dissapeared and i remembered how it was when i bought the laptop. Silent. No overheating, the fan seemed to work as i could hear a gentle whizz with my hear near to the vent.
A couple of days later, the fan started to make the same loud noises again. Could it be that the fan was again (and already) clogged with dust? I believed it could because i was in the middle of a process of "house changing???" with lots of cardboxes and dust and...etc. Once again i blew the vent. Silence again. I can hear the fan but only with my hear near the vent. But this time, the Cpu is overheating - no matter what kind of power profile i use, it's almost always around 85/86º C. Any guesses?

(sorry for the long thread and the poor english)

Ok: In the "Vaio Ultimate Battery" profile and without doing almost anything for two hours, i get 57ºC. I still think it's too much. And anyways, with this profile, you can't really work.

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Visit the link that I gave you and see if you can identify the part from the schematics.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tipsy
Visitor

I couldn't find the cable that connects the touchpad to the motherboard. It's not really a cable - is that "thing" with circuits that folds like paper. But i imagine that it is something you can change without having to buy the touchpad - unless it doesn't have a connector on the touchpad side. Don't know.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I suggest you contact Nexttronics and ask…

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tipsy
Visitor

I just did. Thank you.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Ohh what do you they call them, annoys me when my vocabulary flies out of the window.... ahhh ribbon cable

tipsy
Visitor

They call it FLEXIbLE PRINT. I'm gonna try to find it here in Portugal. It's too expensive for me to get it from the U.S.. I'm not sure (and i'm gonna ask the guys at nexxtronics but i'm not sure if they gonna answer) if the "print" is a Vaio exclusive. Maybe is one of those standard cables that you can get in every laptop shop. Or, if i have to get it from abroad, i'll try Uk or some other european country. This is what you get from living in Portugal. You know - we don't have a Vaio Repair Center here. That why I wanna try to repair it elsewhere. Vaio would take months.

tipsy
Visitor

just to make things right, i'll have to say that i had a completely wrong idea about Vaio Support. I thought it would take months to get my laptop fixed so I delayed the phone call until last week. I've been using a wireless mouse, i've bought a external DVD-RW drive (as my D56 wasn't working) and listened to music really loud to stop me from hearing the noisy fan.

Last week i called them, spoked to a very nice lady who explained everything to me from price ranges for the repairs (as i had some stuff to repair that isn't under warranty) to delivery dates. She also told me that nothing that I had to pay for would be replaced without a phone call asking me authorization.

Last thursday, after lunch, a guy from DHL picked up my laptop at the place I live, in Lisbon, Portugal. From that moment on, i was able to track down the whereabouts of my shipment almost minute by minute. On friday, my laptop was at the repair center in Strasbourg, France. A few hours ago, I went to check on the repair status (on e-support at vaio link)...I saw the list of parts they replaced - DVD drive; the cable that by accident i had cut; and a few other parts that were broken by myself; and the cleansing of the fan. As no one called, I will not be charged for those parts which, by the way, is fantastic and a relief. Afterwards, i followed the link to the DHL site - it seems my laptop has already left Vaio repair center and it's on it's way to Lisbon, which means tomorrow, tuesday, I will have it again, as good as new. No extra charges.

The parts that needed replacement without warranty would cost, at least 200 euros. They changed it all without asking for a cent. And in 4 days (i'm not counting the weekend of course), they were able to pick it up, repair it and deliver it. So long for the "not buying another Vaio". Why do I need a repair center here if they can do it that quickly abroad?

I'll be wearing a Vaio t-shirt for the next couple of days.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Great to hear a positive report re experience with Sony support, tipsy. Maybe things are on the up……

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat