Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-A295Hp Cpu Temperature

tipsy
Visitor

VGN-A295Hp Cpu Temperature

Hi there

My Laptop has been overheating for some days now. Mobile Meter says Cpu temperature is about 86º C.

But first things first: my Cpu fan was doing a lot of noise - so, as i read a thread about it, i blew the fans with my "mouth" - amazingly, the noise totally dissapeared and i remembered how it was when i bought the laptop. Silent. No overheating, the fan seemed to work as i could hear a gentle whizz with my hear near to the vent.
A couple of days later, the fan started to make the same loud noises again. Could it be that the fan was again (and already) clogged with dust? I believed it could because i was in the middle of a process of "house changing???" with lots of cardboxes and dust and...etc. Once again i blew the vent. Silence again. I can hear the fan but only with my hear near the vent. But this time, the Cpu is overheating - no matter what kind of power profile i use, it's almost always around 85/86º C. Any guesses?

(sorry for the long thread and the poor english)

Ok: In the "Vaio Ultimate Battery" profile and without doing almost anything for two hours, i get 57ºC. I still think it's too much. And anyways, with this profile, you can't really work.

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Rather than using your mouth you should use proper compressed air as when you blow with your mouth particles of mucus goes into the machine

faithx

defo, have a go with a can of compressed air. Mine was running at a constant 75+temp, and cutting out quite regularly. After giving it a good old blow out, I'm now running at about 48temp.

tipsy
Visitor

Hi there

First of all, thank for the advice...but I have to say it's of no help at all. I've bought the compressed air can, gave it a "good blow out" and guess what - the same high temperature i had before. At least it doesn't go higher than 90ºC. I'm sure my laptop will be working for at least one more month and that's good. After that, i can probably boil water to make tea with it.

More seriously, any ideas? should i try to open the laptop and really try to clean it? Is it easy to find the fan?

EDIT: Ok, now i'm just into opening my laptop case and cleaning it up. Anyone has the guide to do it??

EDIT2: I could swear my fan isn't working...

kee-lo_

Sounds like you need to open it, as there's some stubbon dust.

Sorry I don't know how to open the A series

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Here are a couple of links that may be of help to you. They cover a hard drive replacement but will give you details of how to open the case.

English - text only.
German - but with photos.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tipsy
Visitor

Many thanks. I will open it right away.

tipsy
Visitor

Hi there

I have good news and bad news. Let's start with the good one: the fan is working again. It was definately stuck on something and now it's been released.

The bad news: the fan is making a lot more noise than it used to. But at least, running at high performance, it has only reached 60º C. And in the process of getting to the fan, i accidentally "cutted" the "cable" that connects the touchpad - duh!

So, if anyone knows if it's hard to replace this touchpad, if it's expensive or if i can replace it with one without having to go to Sony, please let me know. And by the way - can I replace the fan or i have to live with it making all this fuss?

Anyway, the laptop is going to repair and cleaning, not with Sony but its going.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I think your best bet for both the fan and touchpad will be Nexttronics. They are US based but ship worldwide.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tipsy
Visitor

Yeah but are i'm not sure if i need a new Touchpad. it's just the cable that has been cut. Can i replace the cable only?