Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO won't turn on properly

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
oraiker
New

VAIO won't turn on properly

Hello

I was using my VAIO VPCF13S0E normally, until suddenly it just shut down.

I tried to start it up again but it turned on for only maybe 5 seconds and then shut down again. The orange LED indicator ("charging") is on normally when plugged in.

I tried holding down the power button for 30 secs without the cable and the battery and it worked for maybe 10 minutes. After that, the computer just shut itself down again.

While I got it working for a while, I checked the temperatures of GPU and CPU and they looked normal.

Sometimes it starts normally for maybe 5 seconds (orange and green LED lit up) and then dies. Sometimes the power LED and the charging LED just blink very rapidly but nothing happens...

I didn't get a change to back up any data, so I would just like to get the laptop working until everything is copied to an external storage. I was also wondering, will it void the warranty if I take the HDD out and get it backed up somehow and then put it back in and take the laptop to Sony service center?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi oraiker and welcome.

It does sound like a power board failure which will need a repair.

I presume you have tried it just on AC with the battery removed to try to recover your data?

On the warranty, I suppose it will depend on if Support can tell if it has been opened????  The correct answer is yes though - opening the laptop may invalidate the warranty.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi oraiker and welcome.

It does sound like a power board failure which will need a repair.

I presume you have tried it just on AC with the battery removed to try to recover your data?

On the warranty, I suppose it will depend on if Support can tell if it has been opened????  The correct answer is yes though - opening the laptop may invalidate the warranty.

:thinking: