Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCYB Fan Noise

profile.country.cs_CZ.title
Dzmitriy
Visitor

Vaio VPCYB Fan Noise

Hello,

I´ve recently bought Vaio VPC-YB laptop, which is great in any way except for one thing: it´s noisy as a beehive. Yes, the fan does a good job cooling down the laptop, it´s pretty cold, but why whouldn´t it just stop or slow down to a very low speed (on which it works during boot)? It would not get much hotter when it´s idle!

It´s pretty irritating, especially in a quiet room in the evening. Is there ANY way to control fan speed? No options in BIOS, maybe I need some special firmware? It is really unnecessarily loud all the time, even when the CPU is at lowest power and loaded at 0 percent.

This is actually a complaint. Because this sound is really irritating when it´s constant. I´ve read about fan noise problems in other series, why repeating the same thing here, guys?

Any help?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Dzmitriy

Message was edited by: Dzmitriy

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Dzmitriy,

Have you installed the latest BIOS update? Apparently this update ‘improves system stability’ but may just possibly also reduce fan speed...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

I believe BIOS update could fix this issue to. But bear in mind that this is a delicate process and could be ugly if not properly done. I suggest to call the support team and have them walk you through with the process.

They should also be able to check if your BIOS version is updated or not. Good luck. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif