Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-CR42S

H.Debs
Visitor

VAIO VGN-CR42S

Dear All

I will be grateful if any one would give me some background information about this problem described below on this particular VAIO VGN-CR42S

- The computer is about 2 years old.
- It has Windows Vista
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor.
- ATI radeon Graphics.

Upon starting the computer, All you see on screen is some white lines on a greyish background.
After a while the screen becomes greenish and the lines become dark black or Grey.

Kindly advise if anyone has experienced a similar problem, and whether this ATI Radeon Graphic Adapter would remain under SONY warranty for such a long time..

Thank you
H.Debs

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi H.Debs ,

Try connecting your Vaio to an external monitor, do you still have the same problem.?

Do you get the same problem when in safe mode.?

To enter safe mode restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F8 key repeatedly..

Do you get the same problem in the BIOS

To enter the BIOS restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F2 key repeatedly..

To exit the BIOS press F9 to reset the BIOS to default and press F10 to save and exit..

As to the warranty I suspect your vaio is probably out of guarantee now, but, to be sure check with vaio support.

H.Debs
Visitor

Dear Thalamus

Thank you for your reply.
However I believe the remedy you explained does not apply to this case...

Like I explained in my initial note, When starting the computer, instantly all you see on screen is the Grey backround slowly changing to green after a period of warm up.
No VAIO Logo nor anything else is seen at all on screen.

An Indication that V.G.A. Graphics itself or the Link between V.G.A. and the Screen is probably broken.

However I will try to link the computer to an external monitor like you suggested for further clarification.

Thank you again and kind regards

H.Debs