Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Update inconsistent with SONY support website

takrzem

VAIO Update inconsistent with SONY support website

Minor but rather annoying observation: since late January there are two updates reported by VAIO Update that stubbornly do not want to go away. Problem is that there are more up-to-date drivers @ SONY support that I have deployed in the meantime - but this does not seem to make much difference.

Details: SVF15A1C5E, upgraded to Win8.1. Updates in question are Realtek Audio Driver (05 Dec 2013 - there have been at least two newer releases since then!) & NVIDIA Graphics Driver (16 Oct 2013! - so actually even pre Win 8.1 release!).

SONY please fix and start being consistent with itself if possible please...

10 REPLIES 10
takrzem

Righto, two weeks down the line and another update:

SVF15A1C5ER

VAIO Update got itself updated (6.3.1.10120).  For some reasons it does show two different nVidia GFX drivers now at the same time (?) although I have definitely installed these manually aroound the release dates and I am sure current one is the latest one available (Jan 2013).

(wanted to insert screenshot here but got a strange message about 20.000 chars limit???)

SVP1322C5E

There must have been some changes as VAIO Update was showing three additional components recently:

BIOS upgrade

NFC component upgrade

VAIO Care Upgrade

Two last ones are not available on the support web pages though - also, support does not seem to be showing release dates anymore? Que?

Finally, as per two other recent threads:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-accessories/vpcj12m0e-update-issues-vaio-care-recovery-rescue-dat...

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-accessories/more-vaio-update-problems-svd1322z9eb/td-p/1604013

It is simply impossible to download and deploy / install the above via VAIO Update as this operation results in an error. Threre's a workaround (look for these components in C:\Update as this is where VAIO Update downloads these to) and you may be able to deploy them yourself.