Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO keeps completely freezing

jonbourne
New

VAIO keeps completely freezing

Hi Guys,

Having a nightmare right now with my Sony VAIO (and have been for a long time!). Just randomly in the middle of working (or whilst in sleep mode the laptop will just suddenly freeze and the only way to resolve the issue is to forcepower off the PC and turn it back on again - loosing whatever I have been working on.

It's not just a program or windows freezing I don't believe, as usually that would be resolveable through CTRL+ALT+DELETE, Task Manager etc. What happens for me is that when it freezes often my sound will freeze on the tone it's playing or on a random tone if I wasn't playing anything at all (so I suddenly get a loud buzzing sound through my headphones or speakers) and the disk activity light on the front of the Laptop will go off completely (instead of it's usual blinking).

The Model Name is: SVE1512C5E and I ordered the laptop at the start of 2013.

I'd be really grateful for any help with fixing this as it's a real pain and making the laptop very frustrating to use!

Thanks very much,

Jon

Edit: After writing this I experienced another issue (which happened last week too). In the middle of working my external HDMI screen just lost connection - but not in a way that produced a 'no signal' type warning, just the sound and picture being outputted stopped working until I unplugged and plugged back in the HDMI cable! 😞

0 REPLIES 0