Join now - be part of our community!

vaio ar21s with pink line down the centre of the screen, whats go wrong??

gray52
Visitor

vaio ar21s with pink line down the centre of the screen, whats go wrong??

im not very happy at the moment as this has just appeared on my screen, i will have to send it back to sony as i have 1month left on the warrenty, but is this a common problem with this model? and what has caused this??

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi gray52,

I would contact Sony Support straight away. If it is a hardware fault it will need an expensive repair before the warranty runs out.

It is not something we hear of often, so it is probably not usual.

This could be either hardware or software, so it may be worth eliminating the software possibilities by backing everything up and carrying out a full Drive C:\ System Recovery using the Vaio Recovery Utility. Sony will ask you to do this anyway before sending for a repair.

If you are reluctant to take this drastic step, just try reinstalling/updating your video driver first to see if this cures the problem.

:wink:

gray52
Visitor

hi, thanks for the reply, but ive tried everything.
sony support it is then!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, it sound like it will have to be a trip to Sony.

Give them a ring on Monday HERE

Good Luck!!

:slight_frown:

gray52
Visitor

all sent off today, very quick responce from sony. i will see if it comes back as quick.

gray52
Visitor

got my laptop back after 7 days so a good service. it had a new screen fitted, so this would have been very expensive. if you do not have extra insurance then it may be worth thinking about, as ive now taken the extra 2 years insurance for piece of mind.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That's pretty good service.

Well done Sony!

:slight_smile: