Join now - be part of our community!

USB's suddenly do not work and apparently there is a hardware problem?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Saghi1
Visitor

USB's suddenly do not work and apparently there is a hardware problem?

Ive only had my laptop for 3 months. I have't downloaded any big programs, just a few chrome apps here and there and I've deleted them now but suddenly the laptop keeps crashing every time I put my USB in and takes ages to start up. I ran the hardware diagnostics and apparently there is a hardware problem :slight_frown: I have loads of assignments to hand in the next couple weeks and I really don't know whats wrong and what to do.

HELP PLEASE!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Saghi1,

If it is a hardware problem then there is little that we can do to help other than suggest you contact Support.

You could try re-setting all USB devices and drivers by deleting all devices (in Device Manager) under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, shut down, remove the power adaptor and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Re-attach power adaptor and battery, re-boot and let Windows reinstall the drivers.

Have you tried attaching a different USB device in order to rule out a problem with the USB device itself?

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
klauzser
Visitor

You can check your hardware devices including your USB drive under Device Management. You can check from there if there is really any problem and you can also fix it right there and then.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Saghi1,

If it is a hardware problem then there is little that we can do to help other than suggest you contact Support.

You could try re-setting all USB devices and drivers by deleting all devices (in Device Manager) under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, shut down, remove the power adaptor and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Re-attach power adaptor and battery, re-boot and let Windows reinstall the drivers.

Have you tried attaching a different USB device in order to rule out a problem with the USB device itself?

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat