Join now - be part of our community!

UK SZ5 + T-Mobile Mobile Broadband Data Card

Symbo
Visitor

UK SZ5 + T-Mobile Mobile Broadband Data Card

Looking for other SZ purchasers who have taken on the promotional T-Mobile broadband data card deal.

My laptop arrived with a 30 day T-Mobile Web+Walk Plus trial.

I got a Novatel Express type data card and a SIM. T-Mobile software came pre-installed and after plugging the card into the Express slot and calling T-Mobile to activate the SIM I was away.

I enjoyed using the service and at trial end decided to pay £29/month and take out an 18 month business contract.

It's worked well for about 3 months but over the last couple of weeks I've had problems.

The connection is increasing difficult to achieve sometimes taking many attempts and drops out frequently.

I don't know if it's a problem with the data card, the laptop express card slot or the T-Mobile service.

Before signing up I tried to establish who was responsible for what.

T-Mobile claim to only support the SIM card. Sony initially said they were responsible for the data card (and offered cover under one year guarantee)as it was supplied with the laptop. They then renaged and informed me that they were not responsible for the card. I still have an open support request with the two contradictory replies.

Anyone out there using this set up? What are your experiences?

0 REPLIES 0