Join now - be part of our community!

Stuck pixel (colour: red)

GPSG
Visitor

Stuck pixel (colour: red)

If a red pixel is stuck and my notebook is in the waranty period(bought it 6 months ago) will Sony repair my lcd screen?
I know what people say, that is just one pixel, but it's not like I paid one euro for the FW31ZJ.
Bottom line, I want that stuck pixel to be working, it's annoying knowing that is there.
Is there a policy regarding stuck/dead pixels when the notebook is in the warranty period?
Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi GPSG,

Yes Sony, in common with other manufacturers, does have a policy for the number of tolerated faulty pixels and it is conditional on screen resolution.

“According to industry standard ISO 13406-2, less than 0.0005% of these pixels should be faulty.”

With a 1280 x 800 resolution screen the max number of tolerated faulty pixels is 5.

Have a look here:

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=29648

Or login to support via the tab at the top of this page and type ”faulty pixel policy” in the search.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi GPSG,

I can understand your frustration, unfortunately Sony state, in the Sony pixel policy, that the maximum tolerated stuck pixels on a Vaio with a display resolution of 1900x1080 is 10.. :slight_frown:

To view the pixel policy open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case VGN FW.

Then next to Select Model - select VGN-FW31ZL

Then click Log-In

Once logged in type Pixel Policy into the search box and click on the search magnifying glass.

Under the word Troubleshooting, click on Faulty pixels policy

You should now see Sony pixel policy..

GPSG
Visitor

Well, what can I say, thanks for the info. I am left with one red pixel which hopefully someday will go "alive" again.

kandrei
Visitor

GPSG, I once had a laptop that developed a red pixel (it didn't came like that from the factory) and I managed to make it work again by gently pressing the screen around the pixel. I must say that I don't know if that will work for sure for you too since it was a Dell screen not a Sony and it didn't came like that from the factory, so... try at your own risk if you want.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Well, what can I say, thanks for the info. I am left with one red pixel which hopefully  someday will go "alive" again.

You're welcome.. :four_leaf_clover: