Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Creator - Unable to install

SOLVED
Nitin_
Explorer

Sony Vaio Creator - Unable to install

Hi,

I have reinstalled my PC using the VAio recovery disks and upgraded to Windows 8 OS. Now I am trying to install Vaio Movie Creator application using the software provided for Windows 8, however I am encountering an error when installing this application.

Did anyone of you also encounter the same error and how did you resolve it.

Thanks,

Nitin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Nitin,

I really have no clue as to why there is a problem installing and the contact within Sony has not responded to a request for help. Support always was bad but since the Vaio brand ceased to exist it seems that we are on our own. I will chase but don't hold your breath.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Nitin and welcome.

Without knowing which Vaio you have and which version of Windows it was sold with, it is difficult to help.

How did you upgrade to Windows 8? Did you follow the Sony guidelines as only an upgrade is supported - not a clean install of Windows 8. Because only an upgrade is supported, most software downloads for Windows 8 are also only upgrades (not the full installer) and it is neccessary for the original (pre Windows 😎 software to be already installed for an update to work.

:thinking:

Nitin_
Explorer

Hi,

The Sony Vaio Model is SVS13A1C5E. I had upgraded to Windows 8 by following
Sony's guidelines of upgrading the OS. It used to work fine when I upgraded
it in 2013. Unfortunately I had to rebuild my laptop because I had to re
partition my HDD. Now when I am trying to install this application after
downloading from the support website, it is displaying an error that 'no
application has been found The installation will close.'

Thanks,
Nitin
Nitin_
Explorer

HI, Just to add it came with Windows 7 professional operating system with a Windows 8 ready BIOS. Hence I upgraded it to Windows 8 OS by following guidelines from Sony. Thanks, Nitin
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Nitin,

Can you please confirm that it is EP0000278995.exe that you are trying to install?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000278995_6602/SVS13A1C5E

The other two listed as updates require this program to be installed. This may possibly be why you are receiving a message stating 'no application has been found The installation will close.'

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Nitin_
Explorer

Hi Rich,

That is correct. I am trying to install the file EP0000278995.exe. I have
upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 using the upgrade option and I do not
understand why it is searching for an installed application.

Regards,
Nitin
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Nitin,

No, like you, I don't understand why the install should be searching for an installed application.

I have asked a Sony contact whether they can throw any light on this. If and when I receive any information I will update this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Nitin_
Explorer

HI Rich,

Just to update you, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 8.1. and installed VAIO
Movie Creator template data. Now I can see VAIO Movie Creator in the VAIO
update among the list of the softwares to be installed, however, it is
still failing to install.

Is there any way to get this resolved?

Thanks,
Nitin
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Nitin,

I really have no clue as to why there is a problem installing and the contact within Sony has not responded to a request for help. Support always was bad but since the Vaio brand ceased to exist it seems that we are on our own. I will chase but don't hold your breath.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat