Join now - be part of our community!

SERIOUS VGN-NS20E WEBCAM PROBLEMS

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rhizzz
New

SERIOUS VGN-NS20E WEBCAM PROBLEMS

Hey Club VAIO users, hope this is the right place for this.

I've had my laptop for a good two months now and it's inbuilt webcam has been working fine with windows live till about 2 weeks ago
I was hoping it would fix itself but it hasn't.

I've tried EVERYTHING that's even been suggested on the McAfee website which apparently could've been one cause
But I've tried:
- Redownloading windows live messenger
- Redownloading MSN Plus
- Updating McAfee Site Advisor
- Editing the text file under McAfee and setting windows live to 0
- Restarted my laptop several times

and NONE of these have worked 😞

It's a real pain as I use it to talk to my friend who moved away and I haven't been able to for weeks now.

It works on Audio & Video set up on windows live and on the webcam companion but I cant even click 'Show my webcam'

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? please 😞
I've looked through the forums and couldn't find anything recent at all on this subject I know there's ones from like 2007 but the links of course are either removed or not up to date at all

4 REPLIES 4
Rhizzz
New

It is upsetting that this has been viewed 73 times and not one person has offered advice, I am saddened.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think that is because none of the 73 who have viewed can offer an answer.

A quick Google shows that this is a very common problem and as it effects Windows Live only it is likely to be a Microsoft Update that has caused the problem.

Have you tried it with any other IM program?

Have you tried finding and installing an older version of Windows Live Messenger. Versions 5.6 and 6.0 seem readily available.

:slight_frown:

Rhizzz
New

I think that is because none of the 73 who have viewed can offer an answer.

A quick Google shows that this is a very common problem and as it effects Windows Live only it is likely to be a Microsoft Update that has caused the problem.

Have you tried it with any other IM program?

Have you tried finding and installing an older version of Windows Live Messenger. Versions 5.6 and 6.0 seem readily available.

:slight_frown:

The weird thing is is that it worked a couple of weeks ago 😞

I would normally but at the end of the day it works on audio and video setup and the only problem i'd like to overcome is the windows live problem 😞

I did try but they insist I upgrade before i sign in its highly irritating the way its done T_T

thank you for your reply :slight_smile: i'll keep scouting out google

rayvirgo
Visitor

@ rhiz

Recently I upgraded my VGN-NS20ES from Vista to Windows 7 and did not have any issues relative to the webcam although I am disappointed with the performance of Windows 7. I would recommend that you uninstall Windows Live and after a reboot, re-install the latest version of Windows Live. I would also recommend Blencogo's suggestion, ie to try out your webcam with other IM software. Lastly, if Blencogo can suggest from where you can download the webcam's software (plus driver), then you can re-install it too. I hope that I was helpful and maybe receive a reply from the Vaio experts (in my other posts) re the Vaio's performance after the upgrade.