Join now - be part of our community!

problems with sound through HDMI cable

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
debs2012
Visitor

problems with sound through HDMI cable

Hi have been watching films from my laptop onto the tv through HDMI cable and changed the playback device to playback through HDMI and not speakers on laptop. when changing back again after film finished  to playback through laptop speakers i cancelled the HDMI playback  and now its disappeared as a choice . a little blue icon with a cog appears when cable is plugged in and it is the HDMI resolution setting and when i click on it it takes you to vaio control center and several options appear, sound and display being 2 of them but even clicking around on them cant produce sound transfering to telly. Iam using windows 7 but my laptop didnt have that originally everything else is working fine HELP

Message was edited by: debs2012

Message was edited by: debs2012

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi debs2012,

It sounds as if you may have disabled the HDMI output.

In the Sound Devices box which has the 'Speakers' and used to have the 'HDMI' logo, try right-clicking on a blank area within the box and you should be given an option to "Show Disabled Devices".  If you check that box it should show you your HDMI output which you can then 'enable'.

If that doesn't fix it, come back and we can try something else - please give your laptop model.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi debs2012,

It sounds as if you may have disabled the HDMI output.

In the Sound Devices box which has the 'Speakers' and used to have the 'HDMI' logo, try right-clicking on a blank area within the box and you should be given an option to "Show Disabled Devices".  If you check that box it should show you your HDMI output which you can then 'enable'.

If that doesn't fix it, come back and we can try something else - please give your laptop model.

:thinking:

profile.country.ro_RO.title
ruxmanea
Visitor

Hi guys,

This has already happened to me, exactly( or mostly) as described in original post. I tried also what Blencogo recommends, but it doesn't help. What helped is restarting the machine without the HDMI connected.

A similar behavior occured when switching during the same session 2 pairs of headsets. Until i restarted the system i couldn use the 2nd pair. The windows system apparently doesn't update the audio settings, if changed( by removing accessory) during the session.

Ruxandra

profile.country.en_GB.title
debs2012
Visitor

Hi Blencogo Yes that did it THANKYOU!!........any other problems i'll be in touch:smileyhappy: