Join now - be part of our community!

Need help for my mini dv camcorder

Beeri
Visitor

Need help for my mini dv camcorder

I am looking for a deiver/software that will allow me to transfer/stream data from my Sony DCR-trv22e camcorder to my sony vaio FZ21Z. When i connect the camocrder with my vaio it doesnt recognize any hardware. i made sure that the camcorder is turned on and plugged in properly

I also tried an XP driver from the support website but but may be in my vista the camcorder is not supported...its home premimum...

plz help me find out how to make it work!

7 REPLIES 7
simongronow
Visitor

My experience a few years ago was that the firewire connection was faulty.

If its Vista I'm guessing the laptop is quite new and still under warranty. Have you tried Vaio Link?

Simon

Beeri
Visitor

Yeah i tried vaio link and actually I got the driver from a sony support site that i successfullyy used in my previous system which is not performing on this one. but what I believe is that i need some software for mini dv cassette camcorders which is compatible with windows vista home premium. But my search has no fruitful result. so i was wondering that may be someone out here using a sony mini dv camcorder might know how to link up with my vaio laptop

desaputra
Visitor

as far as I know... for streaming dv camcoder to pc, you need to use usb sreaming menu... and this function cannot be used in Vista yet...

Beeri
Visitor

Well i will be waiting for the solution!!!

profile.country.de_DE.title
berbalke5
Visitor

Just I could read your problem. I've the same problem with a Sony DV-Camcorder and a very new Notebook FZ18M with VISTA Home Premium. I posted it today to the forum - but in German language.
Hopefully we can receive a solution for this FIREWIRE problem.
Bretterbring

profile.country.de_DE.title
berbalke5
Visitor

I could solve the problem I had and that wasn't a probem of VISTA or Vaio:
By comparing the plugs of the 4-Pol side with an original Sony cable I could see that the plastic cover round the metal of the third party vendor was some thicker then the Sony.
So I reshaped it with a knife to the size of the original - and finally it could be plugged into the camera as deep as the original.
And suddenly my vaio recovered my camera.
Firewire is a strandard - but that doesn't mean that all hardwaredetails are the same from vendor to vendor...
Potentially this information can also help you..

Beeri
Visitor

Earlier I had a Vaio with XP OS and from sony support website I got the driver which was compatible with windows till XP so I think that i just need a driver which is compatible with vista... the sony support website (since i have a sony cassette mini dv) states that vista drivers are not yet created but will be updated.

So I am expecting that may be someone here has a driver which is compatible with vista.