Join now - be part of our community!

My Club Vaio

jackbaps
Visitor

My Club Vaio

Hey guys and gals!

I am new here, just bought an FE41S and am very pleased so far.

Couple of minor pointers I am hoping you can help me with:

1. Each time I turn on the computer or connect to the internet I get a brown square box appearing titled "My club Vaio". The message is "Please connect to the internet to download the latest version of My Club Vaio". I cannot get this damn message to stop coming up! lol!
Can you help?!

2. Sony have installed alot of programs on the computer as standard. Including:

Roxio, Sonic Stage, Sonic Stage Mastering Studio, Vaio Media. What are all of these programs? Tbh all I want is the usual CD/DVD burning program and my office suite.

Thanks guys, there seems to be alot I can get rid of but dont want to just incase?!

3. I have changed some settings so that when my monitor is shut "Nothing Happens". But this is not the case. The screen goes blank (like its off) and i cannot get it back on?! I have to restart the computer. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Jacko :smileygrin:

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jacko,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

1, Have a look at this thread ..

2, In down to personal choice what applications you un-install, most of the programs have a help file which should explain what the programs are.. :thinking:

jackbaps
Visitor

Hmmmm. I think I accidently deleted the "My Club Vaio" program/software from on my laptop. Is there anyway of getting this back so i can solve the problem?

Thanks, jack

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jack,

As far as I am aware, the only way to re-install My Club Vaio is to run the Vaio recovery Utility and recover your vaio back to it's factory settings..

You could try going to Start > All Programs > Vaio Recovery Tool and click on Vaio Recovery utility. (I think this is still the same for Vista?)

Once the Vaio Recovery utility has loaded, click the options button and select Recovery Specific Applications that were pre-installed, click OK, then Yes and Yes again.

If you see my club Vaio on the list select it and click install..

jackbaps
Visitor

That did not work :slight_frown:

The only Vaio programs it has on their are Vaio Entertainment Platform and Vaio Edit Components.

Ahhhhh! :cry:

What is the "My Club Vaio" program anyway?

Am gutted this box keeps coming up all the time :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Am gutted this box keeps coming up all the time  :cry:

Try this ..

larry09
Visitor

Click on start go in to RUN and then type MSCONFIG click OK click on STARTUP and then uncheck VAIOUpdt then apply then OK. As for the screen going blank I do not know sorry.

Good luck

Larry

jackbaps
Visitor

Wow thanks for all of the help mate!

Nice one! Jack

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Jack.. :slight_smile: