Join now - be part of our community!

TV Tuner problems on VGC-V2M

Nanda
Visitor

TV Tuner problems on VGC-V2M

In Vaio Zone the TV Tuner says it's not connected - when I check out the device manager it shows the Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board as "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Has anyone seem this? ANy ideas how to resolve? I've tried uninstalling and restarting to no avail.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Nanda and welcome to Club Vaio.

I'm afraid it could be lots of things. You get the "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" warning when the device is not working and there is no other better 'Reason Code' built into the error reporting system.

The most likely causes are a hardware failure or corrupt drivers. It uses 13 different drivers (usually beginning with ks....). You could try selecting 'Update Drivers' in Device Manager and manually pointing the installer at C:\Drivers or at C:\Windows\i386.

You could also try reinstalling Vaio Zone but a hardware fault is favorite.

I am of course assuming that you are using XP - the card will not work at all with Vista.

:slight_frown:

Nanda
Visitor

Many thanks for the speedy reply :slight_smile:

I am running XP, the tuner has worked in the past although is now two years old, I've tried a full system restore and applied all ViaoZone updates so I guess that only leaves hardware!

Thinking of buying a USB tuner instead of repairing, as will give Freeview built in. Any experience of these?

Cheers
Nanda