My A215M Laptop is almost dead

bought almost 1 year 3 month ago
oh how i wish i bought extended warranty
this is the most troublesome laptop i have ever had
first, in the first few months the key came off the keyboard
then got it fixed
happened again in about the 5th month
then it was ok.

now about 3 days after the warranty expired its falling apart like i dunno what.

i wonder how much it'll be to fix:
1. gpu overheat or something. basically all i see is unremovable green lines across my screen.
2. a fan blade broken off
3. BOTH hinges snapped at each corner of screen
4. front cover broken because stress from broken hinges
(which makes it so i have to prop the screen up against something
5. W,E,D, Windows & Alt Key Fallen Off
6. USB Port at side Broken/Out Of Place
7. USB at back not recognising ANY device attached
8. Faulty Attachment at bottom of screen which makes it come on is loose
9. Touch Pad lead bit snapped when removing cover of laptop
10. screws missing from bottom

I Hate this laptop. im still using it seeing it cost me £1200 but i hate sony for letting this Fault of a laptop released

can someone give me a repair estimate hah cos theres no way im buying a new one. cant afford after this monstrosity

Thanks.

or. is there a way i can get sony to do it for a cheaper price. or even. free.
nah its sony we're talking about here. nothings free with them hah

thanks.
matty xxx

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Matty did you remove the cover or are you refering to Vaio Link removing the cover? PCWorld would have looked at it for 50 pounds. Sounds to me like you had a go yourself and it went horribly wrong. I've seen almost new demo models of the new A series at Tottenham Court Road London for 1200 so shop around.

matty8512
Visitor

the screen cover like snapped in half because a hinge broke inside, the stress snapped the cover from the screen along with the screws 😕
£50 pc world?
even though it needs a replacement keyboard, fan, screws, touchpad connector and god knows what else?
bit of a shame. the screen started acting up like one week after the warranty expired
where should i take it?
and im not buying a new one because everything works fine except for the gpu green line thing and touchpad and usb ports.
hmm... 😕

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Matty,

You could try this company for the repair. If you give them a detailed description of all necessary work then they should be able to provide a fairly accurate quotation.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
matty8512
Visitor

im not traveling to middlesex
o.O
im in huddersfield by the way. (near leeds)
thanks for the link tho

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

im not traveling to middlesex

You don't have to - they will arrange to collect, repair and return your notebook.....
You did ask ...
can someone give me a repair estimate hah cos theres no way im buying a new one.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
matty8512
Visitor

ah heh.
thanks.#

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'm wondering if it's worth counting your losses and buying a new one? I am sure if you sold it on eBay for parts then you could recoup around 100 quids worth