Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye VGN-CR11Z/R

Cloud1974
Visitor

Motion Eye VGN-CR11Z/R

Please help!

Trying to get my motion eye working on my VGN-CR11Z/R with no success. I'm running Vista Business and I have tried contacting MSN and using the Hotfix.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Laura

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Laura,

Your problem seems to be common on Vaios where the original Operating System has been changed. Sony will not offer support if you are running Vista Business instead of the approved Vista Home Premium.

Have you checked to see if the camera is installed correctly?

Start -> Control Panel -> Device Manager

Is the Sony Visual Communication Camera shows as being installed correctly under 'Imaging Devices'? If not, try reinstalling the camera driver.

When Vista Business was installed, did you reinstall BOTH the VAIO Camera Utility and the VAIO Camera Capture Utility? Can you open the Camera Capture Utility from the Start Searchbar?

:thinking:

Cloud1974
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the reply, sadly I didn't install the business version, it was done via our IT support guys, through their sony supplier. I would have assumed that they would install everything back on here but obviously not.

I have look at the device manager, and the system doesn't seem to recognise a camera, just a usb imaging device.
If you could point me towards the correct drivers it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Laura

PS Tried the Hotfix thing once but that didn't work 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Laura,

Never trust the IT Department to install things correctly!!!

Do you have a directory C:\Drivers?

If yes, then simply install the camera driver by double-clicking on: -

C:\Drivers\Camera\VGP-VCC6\DPInst32.EXE

If No, you will have to download the Original Drivers Package for your model from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-CR&m=2701

Save the download to a temporary directory. Right-click on the download (CR1_Drivers.zip) and choose "Extract All". Choose to extract to C:\ and the extracted files will be saved as C:\Drivers. Install the camera driver as above.

Try the camera - does it work? If no, are these two Utility Programs installed? Go to start and type each into the search box.

VAIO Camera Utility
VAIO Camera Capture Utility

If they are not installed, download the Original Utilities Package for your model from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-CR&m=2701

Save the download to a temporary directory. Right-click on the download (CR1_Utilities.zip) and choose "Extract All". Choose to extract to C:\ and the extracted files will be saved as C:\Utils (or possibly C:\Utilities). Go to these folders: -

C:\Utils\Utils Installer VAIO Camera Utility
C:\Utils\Utils Installer VAIO Camera Capture Utility

and double-click on the Setup.EXE in each folder.

Then we pray .........................

:wink:

Cloud1974
Visitor

Hi

Thanks so much, have managed to do all that and the camera can be found by the messaging programs.
Only problems now is the when i open the Capture Utility it says, the camera failed to initalise please check that another program isn't using it!!

If you have any ideas please let me know!

Thanks
Laura

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Laura,

Now try the Hotfix KB912813 again - it is designed to solve your problem.

If not, you can either reboot each time you want to change the program using the camera or turn off User Account Control (which is causing the problem). Hopefully Sony and Microsoft can work out a fix for this sometime soon. (But watch that pig flying!!)

:slight_frown:

Cloud1974
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for all your help. Tried the Hotfix but no joy! What a load of rubbish it all is!?
Just says camera fails to initalise as other software is using it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Laura

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry Laura - several people get this error message and there does not yet seem to be a reliable solution. Hopefully Sony/Microsoft are working on it.

The only suggestions are to make sure nothing is running the camera at startup - check in Task Scheduler.

Some people have had success by creating a new Administrative User. The camera works OK for that new user.

Some people have had success by turning off UAC.

:slight_frown: