Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye Driver for Sony NW11S

profile.country.en_GB.title
VGNNW11S
Visitor

Motion Eye Driver for Sony NW11S

The motion eye web cam has suddenly stopped working on my Sony VGN-NW11S laptop?

I have searched for the driver but cannot find it. Can someone please  give me a link to the sony website where I can download the relevant  driver

Many thanks in anticipation.

Ben

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ben,

If there is no driver listed on the support site then your model uses the native Windows driver - usbvideo.sys.

Is the camera listed in Device Manager > Imaging Devices? It should be listed as a Sony Visual Communications Camera. If so are there any warning symbols?

If the camera is listed in Device Manager or you have an unknown device you can update the driver by pointing the update driver wizard to C:\Windows\inf\usbvideo.inf using the ‘Have Disk’ method. If you need further instructions then let us know.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
VGNNW11S
Visitor

Rich,

Thank you for your reply.

You asked "Is the camera listed in Device Manager > Imaging Devices? It should be listed as a Sony Visual Communications Camera" The answer to this is no. Please see the image below.

What do I need to do now?

Ben

NW11S.png

Message was edited by: VGNNW11S

Message was edited by: VGNNW11S

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ben,

Your options are very limited if the camera does not appear in Device manage as this usually suggests a hardware problem. I assume that you are using the original operating system?

As a last ditch resort you could try a system recovery to factory settings.

Otherwise you will need to contact one of the Sony Service partners for a repair. Alternatively buy an external USB camera which although not as convenient are now fairly cheap.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
VGNNW11S
Visitor

Rich,

I am using Windows 7. My place of work installed it for me. I was originally running vista. It would be strange if it was a hardware issue as the computer had not been moved or dropped etc. It has always worked on both vista and Windows 7. One day it just all of a sudden stopped working.

Are you sure it is a hardware issue?

Ben

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ben,

No I cannot be certain that it is a hardware problem. We have had a few reports recently of cameras disappearing, but as there is no imaging device listed in Device Manager, not even an unknown device, I know of no way of addressing the problem.

The only suggestion I can make is either a system recovery to factory settings or a Windows restore back to a date when the camera was working – just in case a Windows update or other install has caused problems.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat