Join now - be part of our community!

vaio vgn-fz31m nvidia problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
fenixbnb
Visitor

vaio vgn-fz31m nvidia problem

Hi. I have problem with NVIDIA chip / blue line on screen / and try to resolve problem called to sony vaio service , cost me £ 23. And nothink happen - one of service staff try resolve problem by phone   : dosen work at all . Just mu laptop stopped work. Before i can used my laptop in safe mode . After advice from sony service my laptop can not start , even in safe mode. Any advice how to make claim agains sony ? Thanks .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi fenixbnb,

The VGN-FZ31M is one of the Vaio models that Sony acknowledges may be affected by a faulty NVIDIA graphics chip. If this is the case and your machine is less than four years old then Sony will cover the cost of repair (parts and labour) at no charge.  Have a look at the following link:

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=53420&l=en_GB&m=VGN-...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi fenixbnb,

The VGN-FZ31M is one of the Vaio models that Sony acknowledges may be affected by a faulty NVIDIA graphics chip. If this is the case and your machine is less than four years old then Sony will cover the cost of repair (parts and labour) at no charge.  Have a look at the following link:

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=53420&l=en_GB&m=VGN-...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_PL.title
phiarejo
Visitor

Hi,

I also have the same problem with my FZ31M that I bought in early 2008 in Wroclaw, Poland. I first experiended the the problem in 2009 and then had my Vaio picked up and repaired. Back then I was able to access the Vaio-link chat support and the guy on the other end arranged for a UPS pick up which then made everything convenient.

Now I'm experiencing the same problem for the second time. The display is broken again. After checking the support website, I found out that I am unable to access chat support even after logging into support.vaio.com using my vaio's serial number. The chat support option just doesn't appear. I would appreciate any suggestion as to how I can arrange for my Vaio to be picked up and repaired. FYI, I'm currently in Poland.

Thanks in advance.

Philip

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Philip,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately Vaio-Link chat is only available during the Vaio's initial warranty period & as your Vaio is out of warranty, not including the the four year for the Nvidia issue, you'll need to contact vaio support using the OOW number.

To find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support click the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio's serial number

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Alternatively see the image below for contact details..

vlp.JPG