Join now - be part of our community!

I've had it with Vaio support. What's the address of Sony HQ

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mikeparris
Visitor

I've had it with Vaio support. What's the address of Sony HQ

I am at the end of my tether with Sony. I bought a Vaio F series with a Blu Ray drive and was told by my local Sony Centre that it would play Surround sound via the HDMI port.

This turned out to not be the case, as it only outputs stereo when the disc is encoded in Dolby format. I have spend hours, over the last 2 weeks, on the phone and doing updates and changes suggested by Sony support, but to no avail.

Despite my repeated requests to escalate this to someone who could refund the extra I paid for the Blu Ray drive so I could buy a proper Blu ray player, no agent would do this.

As I regard this as a contractual issue, in that Sony did not compy with the UK sale of goods act, I would like to contact someone at Sony UK HQ. But here's the thing, Sony are very coy about publishing any real addresses, email or snail mail.

So can anyone help me with an address for Sony UK HQ, so I can start with the Organ Grinder not one of the poor monkeys?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

mikeparris wrote:

I detect an Orwellain influence here.

An hour ago someone posted a response detailing a small part of their bad experiences with a Sony F series PC. I was just about to post a reply offering emcouragement etc, but the post has gone. Did I imagine it or was it too strong for the operators of room 101?

Nothing untoward going on & no you didn't imagine it the post you are referring to I branched off to another location - HERE. (in case you are wondering the author of the post that gets branched receives an auto private message informing them of the location of their post..:smileywink:)

However as you can see the poster has since started another thread which I replied to - HERE

Thanks for letting us know..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will find all the contact details for Sony UK here: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

Vaio Support is based in Brussels.

I would phone Basingstoke and have a chat with Customer Services - however, Sony Centers are not owned or staffed by Sony.  They are privately owned companies who trade under the Sony Center name and from what you say, I think you should be taking this matter up with the management of your local Sony Center if you believe one of their staff mis-sold the product.

:thinking:

mikeparris
Visitor

Thanks for your reply Blancogo. I now have a useful looking snail mail address..

I didn't buy my PC from my local Sony Centre in the end because I wanted a special build, so I ordered it directly from Sony. Just as well as the local Sony Centre has closed down.

It became obvious during my various conversations that the Sony support people work for a seperate organisation. I have to say that this way of operating debases the brand, particularly when they can't fix things nor pass it up the chain in the normal way. The operatives can't even explain to a Sony customer that Sony was using another company for it's support.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry - I understand now.

Vaio Support is part of Sony Europe - just in a different location. As regards the advice you received, I understand it has been recently reorganised and there would seem to be a few training issues to be addressed.

Let us know how you get on.

:thinking:

mikeparris
Visitor

This post saved on my local disk to C:\VAIO Entertainment\673968.htm for my records.

mikeparris
Visitor

An hour ago someone posted a response detailing a small part of their bad experiences with a Sony F series PC. I was just about to post a reply offering encouragement etc, but the post has gone. Did I imagine it or was it too strong for the operators of room 101?

Message was edited by: mikeparris

Message was edited by: mikeparris

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

mikeparris wrote:

An hour ago someone posted a response detailing a small part of their bad experiences with a Sony F series PC. I was just about to post a reply offering emcouragement etc, but the post has gone. Did I imagine it or was it too strong for the operators of room 101?

Nothing untoward going on & no you didn't imagine it the post you are referring to I branched off to another location - HERE. (in case you are wondering the author of the post that gets branched receives an auto private message informing them of the location of their post..:smileywink:)

However as you can see the poster has since started another thread which I replied to - HERE

Thanks for letting us know..:smileyhappy:

ConnedbySony
Visitor

100% right they are con men the only support they believe in is the support they get from the fools who give them their hard earned cash for their rubbish products. They are CROOKS

Message was edited by: ConnedbySony

Message was edited by: ConnedbySony

IceCold051
Visitor

Wow.  Aren't you helpful.  In future, for the sake of other people who don't want you negative comments or their time wasted, couldn't you just post your own topic and reply to yourself?, because I hate to break it to you, but everyone is to busy actually trying to help people to care about your trash talk. 

Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

jamjones9
Visitor

so true... well said conned by sony...

really they are taking the biscuit

all we can do is tell the world

DO NOT BUY A SONY VAIO

Message was edited by: jamjones9

Message was edited by: jamjones9