Join now - be part of our community!

fr415s fan always running

Samsony
Visitor

fr415s fan always running

Hello,
as a new vaio user (coming from FS Lifebook) I wonder why the fan of my vaio FR415s is always running, even if I do nothing.
I phoned with Vaio Support and they told me, its because the FR415s is a desktop-replacing model and it is normal, that the fan runs. hm!
Does somebody know a way, to make it run less often or to make the CPU getting less warm?
Thanks
SamSony

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

Sony Support are right, and stopping the fan running all of the time would cause damage.

Samsony
Visitor

Hi

Sony Support are right, and stopping the fan running all of the time would cause damage.

Thanks a lot Kee-Lo, so I have to learn to like the sound...
...but I´m happy with it anyway

SamSony

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah....
My friend has a Fujitsu Siemens, and she loves it for it's quiet operation, and it's low battery use.

Samsony
Visitor

yeah, I was used to hear nothing with my lifebook except when I was working a lot - but the display of my sony is much better...

I have another question and I would be glad if you can answer me this:
the FR415s has no TV in. is there any external USB-device to give me a TV-in, so that I could store VHS-videos as DVD? (For me, DVD is a new feature and I don´t know much about it)

Sony support told me, there was an external device, but it is only available in a kit with another notebook and that I cannot buy it singular.

Thanks
SamSony

ledzep
Visitor

I'm sure a simple USB Vid capture card would suffice

bouzebda
Visitor

i have the same notebook, and have to say that my fan starts only after at least 30 min of use (and only for 5 minutes). It is NOT constantly running.

If you want to go on with VHS capture, be ready to pay a lot for a good capture device, since it is an analog source.
Do not forget that your vaio is equiped with a FireWire slot, so that you could connect it very easily to a DV cam.

Tarik