Join now - be part of our community!

DelSelfPatch - Notepad

profile.country.en_GB.title
morrisonpc
Visitor

DelSelfPatch - Notepad

When I restart my Vaio VPCF23N1E latop, the attached window appears under the heading "DelSelfPatch - Notepad". Shutting it down does not appear to affect operation of the computer, but its continual appearance is frustrating. Is there any way to stop it appearing?

Tags (2)
31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.sk_SK.title
djshamot
New

Hi,

yesterday I bought nesony vaio SVS 13A1U9ES and after I uninstalled the McAfee I received  the same message :

Can't find script engine vbscript for script for c:\... \DelSelfpatch.vbs

I can`t even update or uninstall the vaio care. Can you help me with it, please ???

profile.country.no_NO.title
Etta_oslo
Visitor

Hi, I have the same problem, and I can't uninstall Vaio Care. I've tried to recover the software, but it didn't help.

profile.country.sk_SK.title
djshamot
New

hi everybody,

I found something which was helpful for me, try to do this:

If any of the following cases applies to your PC, you might fail to update the VAIO software.

• You have uninstalled "McAfee Security Center" which is preinstalled in VAIO.
  • You use other virus software than McAfee Security Center.

Uninstalling McAfee Security Center leaves some files on the hard drive and these files cause the updater to fail.Use MCPR.exe provided by McAfee to completely delete the McAfee Security Center.Download MCPR.exe as follows;

Step1;
Click the link below.
Step2;
Search and download the removal tool from "Download and run MCPR.exe".
Attention

Use MCPR.exe only when you uninstalled McAfee Security Center.
Never use MCPR.exe if you would like to continue to use McAfee Security Center.

on this web site you can dowload the mcpr.exe - it worked for me, the problem is now gone, no error message, and I can finally update vaio care - everything is now running well, hope it will be so also in your cases.

http://www.mcafee.com/japan/mcafee/support/faq/answer_p_install.asp?wk=IN-00006

Nikki3000
Visitor

same here, the following message pops up every time i open my computer. very annoying. how do i get rid of it.

message is:

Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script "C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\Vaio Care\DelSelfPatch.VBS

can anyone help, everything is uptodate on my laptop.

Thanks nikki

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

For anyone still experiencing this problem Support has suggested the following:

1. Click Start, Run -> CMD

2. Execute following: schtasks.exe /Delete /TN "Sony Corporation\VAIO care\DelSelfPatch"

Please let us know if this is not clear and whether it solves the issue.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
patchsmum66
Visitor

I Have only had my Vaio SVE151D11M three weeks now and I too have this DelSelfPatch that appeared on the startup screen the same as you.Checked the VaioCare system and everything is OK.Have done deep boot scan and that did not throw up anything.

So I assumethat there is a glitch in the VaioCare System that needs sorting out as quite a few people seem to have got it.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi patchsmum66,

Have you tried the solution suggest by Support - post above yours....

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.pl_PL.title
Wiriixon
New

Hi!

I had the same problem and the cause was McAfee.

http://www.fixitpc.pl/topic/15489-problem-z-gadzetami-po-usunieciu-mcafee/

It's polish site, but I hope you will know how to solve this problem.

I downloaded SystemLook (http://jpshortstuff.247fixes.com/SystemLook.html), pasted keys which are in the first link. Then I copied keys, which have 'McAfee' in their names and pasted in Notepad. All I saved as 'fix.reg'. I went to regedit, found these keys and unlocked permissions for them. Next I clicked right mouse button on 'fix.reg' and I chose 'Merge' (or something like this). Then I opened cmd (launch as administrator) and pasted last 3 commands (http://www.fixitpc.pl/topic/15489-problem-z-gadzetami-po-usunieciu-mcafee/#entry105888 ). They're regsvr... etc. I pressed enter after each. Then I reboot system and everything was all right.

I hope you understand, because my English isn't very well : <</span> But don't do it if you scared of crash registry, it's so complicated : c

annejo
Visitor

When I have tried this I get the message 'Access denied'.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi annejo,

If you are refering to this post:

"For anyone still experiencing this problem Support has suggested the following: 1. Click Start, Run -> CMD 2. Execute following: schtasks.exe /Delete /TN "Sony Corporation\VAIO care\DelSelfPatch" Please let us know if this is not clear and whether it solves the issue."

Try running the command prompt as administrator. To do this click Start and type CMD in the search field. Right click CMD and select Run as Administrator.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat