Join now - be part of our community!

DelSelfPatch - Notepad

profile.country.en_GB.title
morrisonpc
Visitor

DelSelfPatch - Notepad

When I restart my Vaio VPCF23N1E latop, the attached window appears under the heading "DelSelfPatch - Notepad". Shutting it down does not appear to affect operation of the computer, but its continual appearance is frustrating. Is there any way to stop it appearing?

Tags (2)
31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.en_GB.title
morrisonpc
Visitor

Rich:

Thanks for your help thus far. It's good to know that I'm not the only one with the problem.

morrisonpc

profile.country.ru_RU.title
booomberman
Visitor

I also encountered this problem.

I have a laptop: VAIO SVE1711G1R, operating system: Win 7 Home Basic 64, Antivirus: Avast Free

After installing the graphics software CorelDRAW, Photoshop, came up this error.

Help please.

Message was edited by: booomberman

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi booomberman,

Can you please post the full error message?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.ru_RU.title
booomberman
Visitor

Sorry, rich912

Here's a rough translation from Russian:

"Сan not find the kernel(core)"VBScript" for executing script "С:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\VAIO Care\DelSelfPatch.vbs".

or original:

"Не удаётся найти исполняющего ядра "VBScript" для сценария  "С:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\VAIO Care\DelSelfPatch.vbs""

This error appears in the beginning of the operating system.

Thanks, rich912.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thank you booomberman.

I will add your comments to the escalation.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.el_GR.title
nvarounis
Visitor

hello,

same problem with TRFCDeano but this issue happened today, after 1 month of use.
My notebook is SVE1111M1EW. I cannot update or uninstall vaio care.

Please help !

Thank you

"Whenever i open windows i get a message say ( can't find script engine "vbscript"for script " c:\program\sony corporation\vaio care\delselfpatch.vbs"

I have had this problem for several months and have also raised this as a query direct to customer services in the past. I have tried to unistall vaio care (as administrator and in safe mode) but vaio care wont let me unistall. Any ideas?"

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi nvarounis,

Thank you for posting - your comments have been added to the escalation.

If and when we receive a solution it will be reported in this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
TRFCDeano
New

Just to confirm, I have taken both steps and warning box is still appearing on restart. If my memory serves me correctly the problem all started when I was told that there was a vaio care update available  (4/5 momths ago) and when I went to download it a warning came up saying there was no update available. Eversince the warning box has appeared every time I restart.Doesnt appear to affect functionality though but I am concerned it is a sign of something more serious.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi TRFCDeano,

Support have been chased on this issue but given the number of problems we have seen with Vaio Care over the last couple of years and the lack interest that seems to have been taken I wouldn’t hold your breath on receiving a quick fix...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.fr_BE.title
fdepascale
Visitor

Same problem with a SVE 1711X1EB.

From the day I have uninstalled McAfee I have the message:

"Can't find script engine vbscript for script for c:\... \DelSelfpatch.vbs"

Vaio Care is version 8.1.0.10120 and seems to work fine

Just irittating...