Join now - be part of our community!

Cursor jumps all over the place whilst typing

talomi6
Visitor

Cursor jumps all over the place whilst typing

Hi
Please please can someone help
I've tried many things to stop this happening with no success
Whenever I start typing the cursor will randomly jump to another line on the page
At first I thought I was accidently hitting the touchpad, but this is not he case.

I've tried: scanning for viruses, updating the mouse drivers, updating everything I can find on the vaio site and still nothing..

I have a VGN-NR21S

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi talomi6 and welcome.

It is possible that there is a hardware fault caused by the palmrest influencing the touchpad. If this is the cause a repair will be necessary.

You could try opening the Alps Control Panel and seeing if there is a setting for turning off the tapping function whilst typing - this is available on some Alps versions.

:wink:

talomi6
Visitor

Thanks.. and thanks for the welcome
I've turned off tapping completely and so far so good no jumpy cursor tricks, if that doesn't do the trick I'll take it for a check up
Thanks again

vic2148
Visitor

Hi Talomi6

Had the same problem with mine quite some time ago (its on here somewhere) and the solution was to turn off the touchpad which solved the problem. Like you I know I wasn't touching the touchpad when I was typing but the cursor was jumping all over the place. I prefer external mouse anyway so didn't really need it on. Hope it solves your problem as well.

Vic