Join now - be part of our community!

Can somone please help me, continuous laptop issues

avulse
Visitor

Can somone please help me, continuous laptop issues

Hi guys, this is the first time im posting on here. I have owned 4 Sony Vaio laptops since 2001. Recently I purchased my 5th Vaio VGN-FE31Z

I need a lappy that could fulfill my requirements of high end graphics since my field of works is corporate design.

In the past I have not had a single issue with my Vaio laptops and as far as i can remember had never before contacted Vaio support.

With this new laptop I am shocked with the number of issues I have had.

I purchased the laptop in July but had to go on a few business trips to Malaysia, Bahrain and China. Sadly this laptop let me down on numerous occations which many embarrasing outcomes such as suffering Blue Screens of death on numerous occations in front of 200-400 people.

Nevertheless on my return back to UK, i contacted Sony Vaio on 08702402408 and they took the laptop accepting there was something wrong with it. They replaced the motherboard but to be honest I was a little dissapointed that I purchased a faulty laptop in the first place. Nevertheless I am a clam person hence the reason I let it go.

When I received the laptop, I was astonished with the condition it was given back to me. It was as though its been left in a barn or something with filth and odd greasy marks on the screen, surface and all over.

I genuinely was really really upset that such a reputable company could look after a customer so bad. I would expect a standard protocol in cleaning a customers product rather than the opposite. Im a perfectionist and always keep my stuff clean, i even carry a microfibre cloth to make sure my laptop is mint at all times.

Cut the situation short, they were very appologetic and did take the laptop back and retunred to me in a very nice, as new condition. However this time I see some covering slots exposed. There are like two covers for flash drives or something on the side of my laptop and they were missing. I contacted them again, they did appologise but requested photos of what exactly is missing. I sent several emails as on each occation they would say they have not recevied the email or have not received an attachment.

Whilst this is going on my initial problem of freezing, Blue screen of death and irregular behaviours occured. I contacted them again they have told me to go through the whole palava of formatting etc etc

That is all fine but what they fail to understand is that I cannot keep on sending my laptop off again and again. I am in business here and I need my laptop to work from. Yes they are following a standard procedure but why dont they understand that like themselves other people need to make a living.

Likewise can someone please give me some advice as to what i need to do. Sorry for boring you with my story but trust me this is a broken down version, there is much more i havent mentioned as of yet. I am giving them an opportunity to solve the problems once again but if it persists I want a different laptop as I am sick an tired of embarrasing moments in front of my clients.

cheers

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club,
We are in simular fields and I have a AR31S which is the top end version and a close cousin to the FE series. I assume you are using the CS3 bundle from adobe. If so I too have had numerous problems with crashes when appling action script, and using Dreamweaver. All I can say is I reformatted and defragmented numerous times until it defragments in 30 seconds not two hours. This ensures the system is stable and BSOD are non existant. I have also removed nortons using there Norton removal software not just uninstalling it as Zonealarm is far superior and again keep the lappy stable. CS2 was trouble free and Dreamweaver Macromedia worked almost without a hitch. Strip the computer of any programs you are not using and install tune up utilities and do all it reccommends. Also in the My computer> Manage> services and applications stop anything you are not using like Vaio media network or SQL server. This will streamline the computer keep it tip top especially if it has BSOD even once let alone several times. Good luck with it.