Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Life & screen Issues

jayshowme
Visitor

Battery Life & screen Issues

Does anybody know of any battery utilities that i can use to restore the capable charge of my battery.

I returned my AR21M back to sony earlier this year with a problem re my cd drive. They replaced my battery , which they obviously charged me for. This battery now only lasts about 25 mins, if I am lucky.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY PROGRAMME OR SOFTWARE THAT I CAN USE TO RECALIBRATE THIS BATTERY?

I also now have a number of lines on my screen, 13 in total, red, blue and green. Any advice here is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jayshowme,

without seeing your screen it's hard to say if this is related or not, but Sony have released a statement confirming that some Vaio models can have distorted video, random characters or blank screen issues due to failure of the NVIDIA graphics chip.

The models concerned are as follows..

VGN-FZ11x, VGN-FZ18x, VGN-FZ21x, VGN-FZ31x, VGN-FZ38x
VGN-AR11x, VGN-AR21x, VGN-AR31x
VGN-C1Zx, VGN-C2Zx
VGC-LM1xx, VGC-LM2xx
VGC-LT1xx, VGC-LT2xx

I suggest you contact Vaio support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

To view the announcement open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case VGN FE.

Then next to Select Model - select VGN-FE31Z

Then click Log-IN

Once logged in copy & paste - Distorted video, random characters or blank screen issues due to failure of the NVIDIA graphics chip into the search box and click on the search magnifying glass.

Under the words Useful Links, click on Distorted video, random characters or blank screen issues due to failure of the NVIDIA graphics chip

You should now see announcement as attached below.

Hope this helps.. :slight_smile: