Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery utility for Windows 7

jpmcareavey
Visitor

Recovery utility for Windows 7

Hello All,

I've just upgraded my VGN-FE41Z to Windows 7 home premium (64 bit) and it all went OKish (even though it isn't covered by the Vaio upgrade thing). One problem though, the recovery utility doesn't seem to work, so I can't get the software that sony supplied with the computer (adobe photoshop, premiere, dvd player, etc.) back from my recovery partition. Does anyone hav any ideas how to get the software back from the recovery partition?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jpmcareavey and welcome.

If you carry out any clean install on a Vaio you will lose ALL the preinstalled software and you will have to buy new software for your use.

This is a licensing issue as the providers of the software only license it as a part of the Sony OEM software installation and (understandably) will not allow it to be installed on other operating systems or computers for free.

The only way to keep your software is to upgrade to Windows 7 - but that is not possible if you must have 64-bit.

:slight_frown:

jpmcareavey
Visitor

No worries. I'll have to have a good think about going back to a 32 bit version then.