Join now - be part of our community!

ar series/////////

jamesv3s
Visitor

ar series/////////

can any one telll me their thoughts on the ar series.. i am thinkin of buyin a basic model,, they hav one on sale on sonystyle for £799 .. is it any good??? or shud i just get an n series instead???

thx

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
haal-kh98
Visitor

Hi James,
I'd go to the AR series...its more powerful and versatile - powerhouse in short term. But make sure you get the model that comes with the bluetooth connectivity. Mine is AR41M :slight_frown:

tonybeard
Explorer

Ar31s owner with HD 720p Projector. If you are serious about an all rounder computer then this is for you. Portability is still an issue with this battleship but you can't argue with the specs with the latest models coming out with a front side bus speed of 800mhz from 667mhz. I would also recommend a complete reformat from the factory install. Vista and factory builds are just well....unreliable.

jamesv3s
Visitor

hi thx 4 comments..

can u giv ,e your thopughts on the cheapest model as i am on a budget
eg VGNAR41E

also is fz series worth considering???

budgetmil
Visitor

Technically, AR41E and FZ11S are very similar. The key difference is the size and the autonomy.

If you need to be mobile, choose a FZ. If you intend to leave your computer at home, choose an AR.

I have an AR21s with which I am very happy (except when I have to carry it). One of my colleagues just bought an FZ and he seems happy too...

kee-lo_

I would say they're good machines, specially the BD aspect. Also the machine's great build wise - and the size of the hard disks means you can use this as a media centre with a HD ready TV - it's a doddle.