Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-22PX300 with inbuilt PlayStation 2 - iPlayer +

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-22PX300
Visitor

KDL-22PX300 with inbuilt PlayStation 2 - iPlayer +

So I bought one of these models and try to sign up @My Sony only to find the model is not listed and so can not complete registration.

Is this model not recognised by Sony as an official product or what.

Is there a backstory to its creation as its a strange beast - high feature set, low price, the inbuilt PS2 and one exclusive reseller.

Oh and add this model to the list that iPlayer is not yet active.

Message was edited by: KDL-22PX300

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Unfortunately the device is simply incompatible with iPlayer due to the way in which iPlayer is delivered.

Thanks

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Catmambo
Contributor

FYI - this product is not compatible with iPlayer, so won't be getting an update to enable it.

KDL-22PX300
Visitor

Thanks for the input eduzzel.

I thought iPlayer was part of the Bravia Internet TV package for UK based users.

Catmambo
Contributor

Generally yes - unfortunately this product being the  exception. iPlayer isn't delivered in the same way as the other services and so unfortunately this device will never be compatible with it.

Thanks

KDL-22PX300
Visitor

Thats unfortunate.

Guess I will have to still use the wii then.

profile.country.GB.title
TheAmazed
New

This is really dispappointing and annoying. I bought this small tv because of its great spec; particularly with the expectation of being able to catch-up on BBC iplayer and accessing VOD whilst up in the loft room.  I think most people expect the Bravia Internet tv service to carry the BBC iplayer service as it is widely promoted as being included in the package.  If this product does not carry iplayer then it should be clearly stated in the details and on the packaging itself.

Finally is there a hardware reason or a licensing reason with the BBC behind this situation.  It would really be great if it could be accessed in future, but your post suggests wider technical issues.

Message was edited by: TheAmazed

Catmambo
Contributor

Unfortunately the device is simply incompatible with iPlayer due to the way in which iPlayer is delivered.

Thanks

pacoope24
Visitor

This is very disappointing. I've just ordered homeplugs specifically to get iPlayer on the two I recently bought.

I agree that it should be clear that the service isn't available.

KDL-22PX300
Visitor

Okay so iPlayer is a no go.

But will this model be able to receive the forthcoming 4oD and ITV catch up services?

Catmambo
Contributor

Nothing has been anounced for BRAVIA Internet Video - only PS3.

Thanks