Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-22PX300 with inbuilt PlayStation 2 - iPlayer +

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-22PX300
Visitor

KDL-22PX300 with inbuilt PlayStation 2 - iPlayer +

So I bought one of these models and try to sign up @My Sony only to find the model is not listed and so can not complete registration.

Is this model not recognised by Sony as an official product or what.

Is there a backstory to its creation as its a strange beast - high feature set, low price, the inbuilt PS2 and one exclusive reseller.

Oh and add this model to the list that iPlayer is not yet active.

Message was edited by: KDL-22PX300

22 REPLIES 22
KDL-22PX300
Visitor

Ah sorry was just speed reading posts.

If only my PS3 didnt YLOD three weeks ago ( 3 years-1000 system hours)  I would well pleased with the new services.

Message was edited by: KDL-22PX300

Hamish2010
Visitor

I also have the same problem.

I have called the support line three times and they have told me to await overnight update.

They do no think that this model cannot use iplayer.

Very very poor support. If this model cannot use iplayer then a better explanation than it cannot is required .:smileyangry:

Why design and lauch a product that cannot use the most popular service.

personally this was one of the reasons I bought this. I feel totally conned.

Also if it cannot then the support staff on the phone need to be told. I am very annoyed Sony seem to be happy to waste our time.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Hamish2010

I'm sorry you feel this way. If you feel you were mis-sold it by store staff, best to raise it with them directly as most retailers have cooling off periods if you are unhappy with your purchase.

I think I have explained above that the device simple does not feature the necessary internal hardware for iPlayer as it is delivered differently to other services.

Kind regards

jboyd1978
Visitor

I also bought one of these TVs. A major selling point was it having BRAVIA internet video and hence iPlayer. Every other BIV product supports iPlayer so why Sony left the necessary hardware out of this one?  UK consumers take it for granted that Bravia Internet Video supports iPlayer.   Will this TV support future catch up services like 4od and ITVPlayer if/when they are brought to Bravia Internet Video?

dillona
Visitor

I think the question that is being avoided / ignored is why this product has been designed not to be compatible with the Iplayer ?

Was this an oversight ? Was it a deliberate ploy by Sony to reduce the cost of manufacture and then gauge the amount of complaints ?

Will this happen on future products or will the px300 and it owners the only ones to suffer ?

I am not sure how the product could have been missold by the shop as there is no support on the Sony website and the only person who knows is one technie guy.

Have Sony contacted Richer Sounds to advise them of this ? There is no mention of this on their website ?

All PX300 owners will be affected and I am sure will be unhappy. A recall of the product should be arranged or compensation for each owner.

Personally I require answers to each question above and not the flannel from eduzzel :cry:

jboyd1978
Visitor

I guess Sony didn't tell Richer Sounds given that the below is the text from their original advert. They changed this once it was mentioned on HotUkDeals that the product doesn't have iPlayer and hence they advertised it incorrectly..

If you think a Sony 22 inch HD TV for this price sounds like a good deal  then consider this. The Sony KDL22PX300 also has BRAVIA Internet Video  Access and a full Sony PlayStation 2 built-in!

Yes, you did read that correctly, a Sony PS2 built-in! This means  that you can not only playback DVDs and CDs through the TV but also any  old Play Station games you may still have. Perfect for the bedroom,  games room or office, we're expecting this Sony TV to be a big hit.

Ideal for smaller rooms, the Sony KDL-22PX300 doesn't compromise on  picture quality. Featuring a BRAVIA Engine 3, HD Ready screen this  portable Sony offers excellent resolution. Dynamic Contrast ensures that  all shades between pitch black and brilliant white are perfectly  maintained. This gives a true sense of realism and improved definition.  Other features such as a 3D comb filter and MPEG noise reduction ensure a  clean, sharp picture, whatever the source.

Like any small and flat TV, the Sony KDL22PX300 is limited in terms  of sound output. Having said that, this particular Sony comes packed  with added sound enhancements. S-Force boosts the sound and Clear Voice  makes dialogue easier to follow. There's also a wide range of surround  effect modes plus the option of outputting the sound via a digital  output.

When it comes to features and connections, the KDL22PX300 has to be  the very best in its class. For a start there's BRAVIA Internet Video  onboard. Simply connect to your home network via Ethernet (or wi-fi by  optional dongle) and enjoy access to YouTube, Lovefilm, BBC iPlayer plus  many other sites. Then of course there's the PS2 built-in. This comes  with a single controller and is brilliant fun for playing all those  classic old games on. Should you not want to play games then you can  simply use it as a decent quality DVD and CD player.

For a TV with so much built-in, the number of connections is hugely  impressive. There can't be many, if any, other 22 inch TVs out there  with 4 HDMI sockets - but that's how many the Sony has. Added to this is  SCART, component, a PC input, twin optical digital outputs, headphone  and audio outputs, 3 USB sockets (2 at USB 1.1) and 2 Ethernet  connections. Without doubt, this is the most comprehensively equipped 22  inch TV we've ever seen!

If the KDL22PX300 were just a TV, it would make a fine buy. With all  the extras we think it's the small TV bargain of the year - with bells  on!

mschaffel
Visitor

Folks,

Wish I'd seen this post yesterday before I bought one of these. I do feel Sony needs a better answer than it's just not compatible and Richer Sounds need to be clearer that it's not compatible with the iPlayer (I was told it was compatible in the shop!).

I'm in two minds whether to send this unit back, on one hand it's a very good bedroom TV, but Sony seem to be behind an elaborate con trick to get rid of old stock (TV hardware and PS2s) on the general public.

Come on Sony this is not good!!

MikeS

Hamish2010
Visitor

Hello All

Latest news I have receieved is that this product was designed not to be compatible with Iplayer. The customer service folks state this is a basic entry level product and the marketing and design team took a decision not to include the software / hardware to make this work.

They could not state what this is or are unwilling to state what the mysterous missing component is.

Apparently they have not had any other complaints regarding this. If you wish to register a complaint you can contact them on 0208 412 9500.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has contacted them. They are stating that no-one is unhappy regarding this. 

KDL-22PX300
Visitor

We can only accept what we are being told.

One streaming service appears to be delivered in the same way as another to the viewer.

Yes its a pretty big oversight not to have iPlayer on this model as it splinters what one expects of the Bravia Internet TV channel.

Is it an experiment Sony?

Are there any more models going to be released with Bravia Internet TV Lite?

Is this model going on wide release?

Is it using factory seconds hardware?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

I think I have clarified the technical issues already around why the product does not support BBC iPlayer. If you are unhappy with the product, please disucss with the retailer directly over exchanging it for something more suited. As it stands, its a great product for people wanting a BRAVIA who want to utilise their existing libary of PS2 titles.We have taken onboard your feedback and will absolutely bear it in mind when designing future products, but unfortunately this product will not be able to support iPlayer.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Catmambo