Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Pistabacsi,

It might be better to ask that question on the US forums. Are you still experiencing station loss on your receiver?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
holgikai
Explorer

Hi,

I have a router FritzBox from AVM

You can define several devices in Home Network in configuration screen "fritz.box"

Just select ->Home Network -> Media Server-> < Tab > Internet Radio Stations

Activate the Media Server and enter a Internet Radio Station URL like:

Name Internetadresse    

Radio Paradise http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/mp3-128

Pretty good station 😉

Probably it is working similar with other routers - check your settings.

Cheers and good luck

Holger

Pistabacsi

Not really the subject of this thread, but thanks.

So, back to vtuner.

Any of our US users got all their channels back?

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi wrote:

Not really the subject of this thread, but thanks.

So, back to vtuner.

Any of our US users got all their channels back?

I've created a new post on the US forum so hopefully we'll get some feedback one way or the other.

foldvari
Explorer

I can confirm that the list of stations is still very limited (from Hungary at least).

Quite easy to check: Genre/BlueGrass lists two stations only. (Also some popular Hungarian stations are still not back)

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@foldvari 

Thanks for keeping us updated! I checked my Blu-ray player yesterday and notice some improvement over recent events. Namely I now have all the High Quality categories back again which were missing previously. In fact the only troublesome area is the Editor's Pick category where almost all stations fail to play. This has been an ongoing issue all along for me although I can live with that, I don't listen to what the Editor recommends.

I quickly played around 30 or so stations in various other categories with no problems, thankfully.

Of course it's too early to say for sure if this has been rolled out worldwide, although Sony US have released an updated statement recently (see my earlier post in this thread) Sony Europe have yet to follow suit.

wimvandewater

In the Netherlands vTuner is back online on my CMT-G2NiP for some weeks now, but only with a very limited number of radiostations. The limited number of stations is the same as when vTuner came back online. I have about twenty of my favourite stations listed under preset and none of them is playing: "cannot play". I think it´s a shame that Sony doesn´t properly solve this problem. I used to be a "Sony fan", but I´m not anymore. I need a new TV set in the near future but I´m sure that will not be a Sony!

Some improvement in France on Amp STR DN840 but NONE of my favorites are back.:smileyskull:

This is a link to a Wired article explaining what Sony music is up to.

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/sony-playstation-music/

Today, the tech conglomerate announced that it’s ditching its existing streaming music service, Sony Music Unlimited, and replacing it with a new service called Playstation Music,

Well they are not only ditching existing service, they are also ditching loyal customers as far as I'm concerned... 

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Olivier-Moreau 

Thanks for the info! That makes me especially please I didn't take out a subscription!

Hmm, I wonder if Sony will be nice and replace the ever failing vTuner with Spotify instead, if that's even possible?

Just looked at the Spotify website and notice I can download it to my computer, well I could if I used Facebook, oh well that's me alienated before I even got to see what is was all about. :rolling_eyes:

EDIT: My mistake, you can sign up with email address too, doa'h!!!!! :dizzy:

Pistabacsi

Spotify is just a playlist aggregator though.

sony won't do anything. They have proved themselves to be a bunch of workshy ripoff merchants without any thought for anything but their own pockets.

No wonder they are prime targets for hackers.