Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Hi chap! To be honest I don't blame you for deciding to change your device, I think we've all been let down on this issue and especially as Sony said they would keep us informed.

Ironically I had a similar success with my retailer who offered me to exhange both devices. I'm reluctant to do this however as I do still like my products, it's just a great shame that some of the features no longer work correctly.

I notice in the reply you received the following admission "temporary service unavailability". Presumably as they didn't say "PERMANENT UNAVAILABLITY" this means that we will EVENTUALLY have a resolution? That makes me feel a little better.....

Best of luck with your new device, I take it that it won't be a Sony?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
jmbzjmbz
Explorer

hello iam in france

cmt devices are affected too

cmt mx 700 ni

foldvari
Explorer

Let me add CMT-SBT300 to the list: reduced number of channels.

foldvari
Explorer

@Pistabacsi 

I guess you are from Hungary too.

I started my fight with Sony a week ago because of these issues with internet radio stations. Currently I am experiencing the very limited set of station available.

I got the usual unacceptable answers: this is a third party service, Sony cannot do anything.

We, who paid to Sony for devices to be able to listen internet radio stations (not vTuner, but internet radio stations!) are left alone.

Pistabacsi

Hi @foldvari 

Yep. I'm in Fured, but I'm English & so the UK stations are a nice little piece of home. Or were anyway.

Sony support are hopeless. Take it to the service centre stating that it has a "quality fault".

Also, take a look at the recently updated consumer rights laws.

Let me know how you get on. 🐵

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Regretfully I think we should all accept that Sony are not ever going to address this issue, lord knows we've all tried to get an answer. Let's face it Sony told us in their original statment that they would keep us informed, they haven't!! Despite repeated request for clarity and the intervention of forum experts Sony are still keeping tight lipped.

Given that service is now limited to just a handful of stations for some and no stations for others we might as well resign ourselves to the fact that it's just not going to get any better.

holgikai
Explorer

Hi,

probably you should check your router.

My router (FritzBox) does have a media-server functionality where I can enter internet radio stations directly.

So I do not need VTUNER anymore.

You can select it whith Home-Network in your device...

Cheers

Holger

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

Please explain how, Holger!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Although i have yet to check if this applies to customers in Europe, Sony US have issued an updated statement here: vTuner network service is now available.

Here's what it says:

Article ID: 51889  |   Last Updated: 01/22/2015

After a temporary suspension by the service provider, the vTuner™ service is now available.

Fingers crossed this nightmare has finally been put to rest.....!

Pistabacsi

No update here 😞

Can anyone in the US confirm they have all their stations back?