Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455

Happy New Year,

Let us wish that in 2015 Sony will realize that behind its products there are customers, behind its benefits there are people enjoying music, behind its BS there are real faces saying real things...

On the technical side, my Sony amp is playing Internet Music once in a while but the choice of station is becoming more and more limited. I suspect there is an international plot going on because only North Korean radios are playing without problems :rolling_eyes:

Pistabacsi

I'm a bit confused at what this thread is called now.
All the mail alerts have different titles.
Well, vTuner flickered back to life with even less choice than before. That's quite hard to do.
The BBC list now shows....drumroll please.....1 (one) station. Good old BBC Cornwall.
Pasty anyone?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fully agree, lets re-change it back to the original title :slight_smile:

Appreciate it if people dont change it, but cannot prevent this.

Cheers

PS: You can keep the Cornwall station!

Ooops I didn't realize that I changed the title. Sorry.

Anybody else got only ONE North Korean radio on its device :nauseated_face:

profile.country.de_DE.title
TimmoK
Explorer

Same over here, it was back online, but now it is offline again ... really annoying (CMT-G2NIP/G2BNiP)

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Anonymous 

You can blame me for the change of title. I changed it partially yesterday to reflect the latest changes. This is after all an ON / OFF situation and so I wanted to make this clear that it was currently now off again.

Hey peeps! Leave my Title alone, it's my title so ONLY I AM ALLOWED TO CHANGE IT THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! LOL.........:smileylaugh:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MK_Slinky wrote:

You can blame me for the change of title.

/me rolls eyes - why am I not surprised :grin:   I guess a group spanking is in order again!

(oops off-topic)

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Heck yeh, I'm game for that!!  :laughing:

richardc79

Update from the netherlands again.

vTuner is online, but again the stations are reduced once more.

From my favourite stations there were 2 left after the reduction of stations and now none of them is available anymore. I scrolled around in the menu and as far as i can see i only have a maximum of 5% of the stations available, which is almost nothing and vTuner is again totally useless.

Yesterday i recieved a reply on my complaints at Sony Europe NL.

And ofcourse it was just the same: They still keeps fingerpointing to vTuner and the fact that there equipment is just working well.

I am seriously doubt if they are really that stupid....

Come on, who is going to buy that after all this.

Hello all,

From my point of view SONY is having a financial problem with VTUNER but they calculated that loosing a few customers is costing less than either settling the issue with VTUNER or creating another firmware to connect to another Internet radio supplier. Meanwhile VTUNER is taking us in hostage and trying (succesfuly) to get us sufficiently irritated to make SONY move. The game is crooked and neither SONY nor VTUNER want to talk about it openly.

The only solution is to put more pressure on SONY by :

1) Returning the device to the local supplier if it is still under waranty (not my case, unfortunately).

2) Write to your country's regulation authority to denounce SONY faulty product.

3) Spread the words on OTHER forums. This is not easy but I already tried on Google+, Amazon and AVS Forum. The latest is the more interesting and I could use some help given the surprizing reaction of other members. Check the AVS Forum thread.

PS. I did not change the title this time...