Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455

MK_Slinky you are right about DLNA. The protocol on Internet is either HTTP or RTSP but that doesn't change my argument. Sony (and vTuner) are NOT respecting Internet spirit (and protocols) by blocking some radio. 

I actualy tried to get a computer doing some streaming (input) and also DLNA to my Sony amp (output). It's not great and it's better to get the output thru an HDMI cable. Thus the computer must be physicaly close of the amp which is not always practical.  

audrey84

@MK_Slinky 

All we know where is the problem, we know (you said) that here, we cant speak about other devices (out of Sony) always working right (without any VTuner problem....)

But we loose all our time and we do the "Sony game" speaking about VTuner problems (we deceive target...)

Its a pity 😞

audrey84

@Olivier 

A so little computer like a Raspberry :slight_smile: ?

Audrey, the rasberry might be a bit difficult to connect thru HDMI...

Another possibility might be the Amazon Fire Stick. But I'm not sure it's compatible with the Sony amp ? 

Can we get the streaming input from Internet via wifi and the output thru the stick plugged in a HDMI port of the amp ?

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Olivier-Moreau wrote:

MK_Slinky you are right about DLNA. The protocol on Internet is either HTTP or RTSP but that doesn't change my argument. Sony (and vTuner) are NOT respecting Internet spirit (and protocols) by blocking some radio. 

I actualy tried to get a computer doing some streaming (input) and also DLNA to my Sony amp (output). It's not great and it's better to get the output thru an HDMI cable. Thus the computer must be physicaly close of the amp which is not always practical.  

Hi Olivier,

I can't say one way or another who is really to blame over these issues, perhaps we will never know!

However, I do understand the issues regarding streaming vs. direct connection to your receiver. To be honest I've tried several methods and so far I find AirPlay to be very successful for streaming music from within iTunes.

Another method of connecting your equipment over the network is to connect via a LAN cable and nowadays your computer doesn't need to be near by. Have you ever explored the use of a Power LIne Adapter?

I use this device which works extremely well and gives me the same speed connection from any room in the house. TP-Link Powerline Adapters

What This Product Does

TP-LINK’s AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit TL-PA411KIT turns your existing powerline into a high speed network with no need for new wires or drilling. No configuration is required, simply plug your adapters into your power sockets and you can establish networking infrastructure in a flash. With a speed of up to 500Mbps, TL-PA411KIT transmits HD streaming and even 3D movies to every room, making it a great choice for an easy to build multimedia entertainment network. 

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@audrey84 

Yes I understand your concerns others feel the same way and yes it is a pity.

Hopefull your service will resume soon as has mine and you will be happy once more.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Good advice. I have all media connected to home network using a power
adaptor system through my ring main. Works very well!

Well MK_slinky, the problem is simply that if I use my computer to do the streaming, my network is busy. When I add a DLNA connection between the computer and the amp, the network becomes too busy and the sound is not good (packet lost ?). Thus I need to connect the computer to the amp by std audio cables or HDMI. That works fine and I do it for video streaming but I don't want let a computer attached (via HDMI) to my amp just to listen some music.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

How fast is your broadband connection?
audrey84

@Olivier 

Its a TV stick !