Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Thanks for that, I'll check again later this evening and report back

Yes given the recent problems I suspect the Sony devices are in the skip! LOL!! Good point though!

To be fair I think those of you who are still experiencing the issue of limited or no service will have to wait and see what happens when it does eventually come back on-line. Some new station have been added to my devices and some have been taken away, no doubt you will notice similar changes. Either way, at the moment it's no good saying stations are not working if service is still limited.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14

No improvement for me in Martinique (France). My favourite radio are all gone except one. About 20% of the other radio listed are playing and that change everyday. Most radio playin have a lot of commercials and talk, maybe that's the basis for they selection.

What we should get from the HARDWARE manufacturer Sony is the possibility thru their software (FIRMWARE) to connect wherever we want with full respect of the DLNA protocol. All that business with vTuner is not our concern and I'm not interested by the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN).

I will bring that matter to the customer protection services because the amp is making false advertisment on DLNA Certified" status...

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Hi, I totally agree, however, unless Sony themselves become an Internet radio or music provider in their own right, as long as they use suppliers like vTuner they will no doubt be contractually obligated in which case if they break the contract terms, as we all well know, the service is disrupted.  As we can go online via our PC or laptop and access these stations it does beg the question as to why that facility is not available through Sony devices instead of being stuck with what Sony decide to give us, or not in this case!

Sent from Samsung Mobile
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Olivier-Moreau 

Hi there,

I think you've misunderstood the meaning of DLNA. DLNA is for streaming data over a Home Network, not from the internet.

See below explanation:

DLNA stands for 'Digital Living Network Alliance'. It's a group of organisations, including many consumer electronics manufacturers, that has created a standard enabling all DLNA devices to share media over a home network.

Incidentally you mention that you live in France, it looks as though your service is still waitng to be resumed which is why you have limited stations. Hang on for a bit longer, things are obviously changing now as both my devices now have full service once again, your's may take a little longer.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Hi there, just an update on our earlier chat! As promised I've checked if 6 Music is listed and sadly I cannot find it on my Blu-ray player., I also checked the list you mentioned but no go!  Incidentally though I've just done an Update of the list from the Home Menu in my Blu-ray player by pressing Options - Rescan and it has added quite a few more stations.

I'll take a look on my receiver and see if it's on there.

Pistabacsi

Thanks for the info.

I don't have a sony blu ray. Just the receiver 🐵

audrey84

Hi Olivier,

I live in France (metropole)and I also do not believe in Sony; personally, I'm tired of being so often held "hostage" by the Sony system 😞

Our French laws (I dont know about other European countries) mean that we have a single contact, our seller : Sony (and VTuner should not concern us in this context !). So Sony should either continue to operate its systems why we bought their devices or Sony must refund us, the rest is waste of time.

More details, if you need/want, by private mail...

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Hi there,

I just checked my receiver and the same there unfortunately! Things are quite different on the Sony Blu-ray Players as far as vTuner is concerned. For one the GUI user interface is totally different! Whereas on our receivers we only have a black screen with a list of stations displayed in white text the blu-ray player has been revamped and looks totally different, see below image. Ugly huh?

vTuner GUI.jpg

Pistabacsi

OMG!

Looks like iOS

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Yep!

It's extremely quick to navigate  speed wise but this particular BDP-S7200 Blu-ray Player has a dual core processor which makes all the difference. Some modern PC's still only have dual cores!

It's a dramatic improvement over my receiver for usability but I hate those icons, wish I could change those to something with a bit more finesse!

Oh and btw, Sony forgot to include a search button on the remote so it's painful trying to find anything unless you know what category it's in. :neutral: