Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I totally agree on that one! Sadly it's always the user who comes off worse!

One question for you @Pistabacsi 

Since I announced that service normality has resumed for my own devices have you noticed any changes to your own service or has it remaind the same throughout? I'm only asking because it seems to me that the UK & possibly the US may well be the only ones who've seen any improvements as yet. I mention the US because one user has also reported a return of service on the same day as my own.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Pistabacsi

@MK_Slinky 

No change as far as I can tell.

Service isn't completely off (hasn't been since the start) but the channel availability has been completely decimated.

I tried a number of random stations & about 20% would actually play. Even if they are actually listed.

Local stations seem to be more or less there, but one of the whole points of internet radio is to be able to listen to broadcasts from all around the planet (world wide web & all that).

I can listen to local stations via the FM tuner (if they weren't all a load of rubbish).

You're in the UK right?

Do you get 6 Music on your DN1040 at all?

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Where abouts would I be searching in the vTuner listing for 6 Music?
The DN 1040 is pretty slow when searching (wish had faster processor - My
Roberts Stream 93i is almost instant)!
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Ah I see, that explains lots!!!

What you are experiencing is the same as me when I first started this post. Some devices only had partial service whereas other devices had no service. This was my experience also if you read my very first post at the beginning.

I understand now why people here are so upset with my recent news, for some of you it would seem service has not yet resumed which is what I was thinking anyway! Prior to service coming back on-line for me I had no idea if it ever would, at least now you know something is happening. I don't doubt you'll see an improvement soon, I guess these things take time to sort out.

Oh and BTW, yes I'm in the UK and no I haven't noticed 6 Music. I've only checked the BBC listings so far which is where I would expect to see it, perhaps it's only listed as 6 Music now?

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw wrote:
Where abouts would I be searching in the vTuner listing for 6 Music?
The DN 1040 is pretty slow when searching (wish had faster processor - My
Roberts Stream 93i is almost instant)!

Hi ya,

There is no search feature on your 1040, something which really irritates me. I agree the processor is very slow when scrolling through the lists of stations. Imagine if you had to scroll through all 43,298 of them!!! Little wonder why vTuner limit what we can receive. You could always make a feature request for a search feature, I have! :wink:

wilsonmfw

Once I have logged in to vTuner, the third lower option on the SEN menu, I
select a particular group of stations and then on my 1040 remote, bottom
and second from left press the 'search' key. Type in what I am looking for
and hit the centre button on the remote and have a search!
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw wrote:
Once I have logged in to vTuner, the third lower option on the SEN menu, I
select a particular group of stations and then on my 1040 remote, bottom
and second from left press the 'search' key. Type in what I am looking for
and hit the centre button on the remote and have a search!

Woohoo!!!!!! Thanks for that!!!! :slight_smile: :smileyapplause::smileyapplause::smileyapplause::smileyapplause::smileyapplause:

I feel really silly I didn't spot that little feature, I was looking on screen for an option, as Homer Simpson would say..., doa'h!!!

wilsonmfw

Works quite well, however, haven't been able to locate 6 Music!

What area and which group is it supposed to be in?
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hahahah, I wondered what that button was for!

No idea what category 6 Music is in, maybe @Pistabacsi can help?

Pistabacsi

I had 6 Music saved as a favourite, but after reading @MK_Slinky 's earlier post regarding favourites, I refreshed & then went to find it manually.

It's (for me anyway) second on the "Editor's Pick" menu.

But oddly not in the BBC menu.

Perhaps the editor is using a pioneer or denon or samsung or lg or any other device that doesn't have a sony badge on it ;o)