Join now - be part of our community!

VPL-HW30ES Starting problems

profile.country.no_NO.title
Elbee1
Visitor

VPL-HW30ES Starting problems

I just bought a Sony VPL-HW30ES projector,tried to start it up for the first time,the green On/Standby light started to blink,then it went to red(12 red blinks) and nothing,tried the Norwegian Sony support,but they could not help me,is there anybody out there who has had the same problem,or knows what to do

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A quick google search brings up this http://www.avsforum.com/t/1353988/official-sony-vpl-hw30-a-es-owners-thread/780

See Post 785

Hope that helps.

profile.country.no_NO.title
Elbee1
Visitor

Hi Quinnicus

Have read the thread.

I have tried starting the pj with different HDMI connected, tried direct connection to the BD-payer and without HDMI connected to the pj. With no luck.

Still the same. when I press the powerbutton the green light starts flashing and a "click" from a relay is heard. Then another "click" and the cycle of 12 red blink started. (12 blink pause 12blink.....)

Have tried phoning support but no luck no one can tell what the fault is, even what 12 blink is indicating.

elbee

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i have only ever heard of up to 10 blink codes and never 12 but this generally applies to all tv's not sure of projectors, in any event this would be a bit beyond the scope of the average diy repair and strongly suggest you send it to a repair technician.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry I didnt reply sooner. As Bravia55HX923 said above, its looking like you have a fault which needs fixing. If its brand new, take it back and get it exchanged, or contact an authorised Sony repair centre.

Cheers.