Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDP S350 bluray - unlocking to region free

profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

Sony BDP S350 bluray - unlocking to region free

Just tried to play Alien v Predator bluray and so disappointed when up comes on the screen my Sony cant play the disc since it is locked to Region A (USA)

Arrggggghhhh!

Anybody know if its possible to unlock my Sony Bluray Player using the remote?

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I agree to a point but much of this has to do with content age restrictions. Not all movie ratings are shared across all countries and what might be suitable for a 15 year old in the UK might not be suitable under the US content rating system.

Likewise as is often the case movies are released on disc much earlier in the US and so making them playable in the UK would mean that the whole film industry would need to change it's way of working. You might notice that when films arrive in the cinema over here they've already been released on disc in the US several months earlier meaning that our cinemas would need to show these films at the same time.

I do have several Region A discs from the US and something that becomes immediately obvious when comparing them to the UK equivalent is also one of advertising, adverts aimed at UK residents would not be suitable for residents of the US, again the film industry would need to make a number of changes here if your idea were to become successful. 

I'm not for one minute agreeing with the current system, there's always room for improvement and like you I think it should be made easier but when you start to look into the reasons why we have these differences you can perhaps understand why it's not so simple to change it.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14