Join now - be part of our community!

Problems playing new DVDs on my Sony DVP-NS76H

profile.country.en_GB.title
Teatowel23
Visitor

Problems playing new DVDs on my Sony DVP-NS76H

Hi

My Sony DVP-NS76H dvd player won't play current dvd discs such as Skyfall and The Watch. It will play discs that are older though.

Has anyone else had this problem as I can't find a way to get around it. There is no way of updating the firmware to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Bravia55HX

Hi,

try hitting the player with a factory reset as this may clear any glitches that may have picked up in the last updates, got nothing to lose by trying.

Teatowel23
Visitor

The player can't have a software update as there is no internet connection WI-FI or ethernet. Im thinking it could be a regional code thing or something like that.

Bravia55HX

yes sorry, my bad!, its possible there are some faulty discs in circulation, can you return them for replacements, just tell the retailer they wont work on your player.

Teatowel23
Visitor

Well Ive tried at least 5 films that have been released in the last couple of months and they don't work. It would be too much of a coincidence if all were from a faulty batch. It would be interesting if anyone else has the same problem but I can't find anything to say they have. Really frustrating to say the least.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, what actually happens when you play a newer disc. Do you get an error message. Does the drive spin up?

Oh, and, Are you playing the correct region DVD's?

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

Teatowel23
Visitor

It starts to read the disc and then just sits there spinning on and off trying to load it for about a minute. It then says on the display 'cannot play disc'.

All the discs that don't play are region 2 the same as the older discs that do play. They work fine on a friends player.

Message was edited by: Teatowel23

My friend has a Samsung dvd player.