Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E370 Surround sound problems

profile.country.GB.title
zbysiu909
New

BDV-E370 Surround sound problems

About two weeks ago I noticed that the rear speakers on this 5.1 system weren't working (they had been pumping out sound quite happily prior to this). Whe I play a BluRay disc sounds come from these speakers. I did a Tone Test, and sound comes from these speakers, but when watching tv (Sony KDL-32EX713) or the feed from my Sky+ HD box, the speakers go quiet on me. I've reset to factory settings, gone through the setup again but no luck.

Has anyone experienced this, or could you maybe suggest a possible solution? The only thing I haven't tried recently is to see if the software is up to date, however, the unit is constantly attached to my router and when I last checked about three months ago the software was up to date.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

cant speak for the SkyHD box but the system is working fine, most terrestrial broadcast are in two channel audio unless a banner pops up to say its in surround sound, you say a sound test and with Blu Ray it works fine so dont worry about it.

profile.country.GB.title
zbysiu909
New

The reason for my enquiry is that all speakers were active up until about 3 weeks ago, so I don't understand why the rear speakers should have stopped working/emitting sound). I haven't had time to sit down with the manual again so I'll work my way through everything again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can I point you to page 27 and 28 of your manual. This is in regards to changing the surround sound setting. Try setting it as A.D.F. Multi.

A.D.F Multi

• 2 channel source: The system simulates surround sound from 2 channel sources and outputs sound from the 5.1 channel speakers by duplicating 2 channel source sound across each speaker.

Hope that helps

profile.country.GB.title
zbysiu909
New

That's the one! Thanks. Now to find which little fingers have been "experimenting".

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

and its AFD (Auto Format Decode) :wink: